Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello eveybody!

I would like to buy a new monitor, but I have no idea.
The only thing that I have soooo clear is the price, I can spend till 300,00 €.

Now I have a LG W2363D 120 Hz.
The PC that I have is using an i5 4690k and my video card is a 780GTX.

I'm using the PC to play games as Battlefield 4 and watching movies.

I would like to buy a 24'/27' monitor, so, with my budget which is the best choice?
Could you please recommend something special? Which you recommend a 60Hz, an 120 Hz or an 144 Hz one?

Thank you so much!!!
biggrin.gif

·
Ladies, One at a Time
9,739 Posts
Qnix 2710 1440p, You can overclock the monitor to run at a faster hz than 60 if you want, and is cheaper than 300pounds.

I bought one myself. Ran it on the 780FTW for a lonng time until I built my new rig. Very good monitor. Got a perfect pixel and have had mine for a couple years. On a single 780FTW I was pushing 70FPS on ultra in BF3.

TCO

Bought it for 250USD

·
Registered
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duda86 View Post

Hello eveybody!

I would like to buy a new monitor, but I have no idea.
The only thing that I have soooo clear is the price, I can spend till 300,00 €.

Now I have a LG W2363D 120 Hz.
The PC that I have is using an i5 4690k and my video card is a 780GTX.

I'm using the PC to play games as Battlefield 4 and watching movies.

I would like to buy a 24'/27' monitor, so, with my budget which is the best choice?
Could you please recommend something special? Which you recommend a 60Hz, an 120 Hz or an 144 Hz one?

Thank you so much!!!
biggrin.gif
If you don't plan on upgrading video card, stick to HD resolution (1080). You need better GPU to run games at stable frames with WQHD (1440) and above (especially BF4).
Also, what's wrong with your current LG monitor?

As a crossover 2975 owner, I think it's too late to get OC Korean monitor (QNIX / Crossover), since they only support DVI.
DVI is obsolete, its not supported by latest AMD, and probably next gen Nvidia video cards.
If you want cheap korean monitor, wait until there Display Port support. So you can just upgrade video card without worrying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCautiousOne View Post

Wow.... That's a bummer bub. I tried!

TCO
I know it!
frown.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sverek View Post

If you don't plan on upgrading video card, stick to HD resolution (1080). You need better GPU to run games at stable frames with WQHD (1440) and above (especially BF4).
Also, what's wrong with your current LG monitor?

As a crossover 2975 owner, I think it's too late to get OC Korean monitor (QNIX / Crossover), since they only support DVI.
DVI is obsolete, its not supported by latest AMD, and probably next gen Nvidia video cards.
If you want cheap korean monitor, wait until there Display Port support. So you can just upgrade video card without worrying.
I would like to change it just to try something different, and because I got it for some time.
I dont think to change Video Card during the next year.

So with my budget can I find a Monitor 24/27''?

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you don't plan on changing GPU, I can't recommend anything.

You gonna have much lower fps with higher resolution monitor and you gonna lose sweet 120Hz by switching to standart IPS monitor.
(Most 60hz+ IPS monitors are WQHD (1440) resolution)

Unless your monitor is broken, just keep it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts