Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, I would also like to know if you know of sites like Puget systems, which analyze the error rates of individual hardware components. Or that they test the mobos to understand the most reliable and the least. I need a long-life z690 (for 12600k over clock medium high) that lasts as long as possible. I would like to touch the situation firsthand without being on tips or top 10 mobos on the internet.

Inviato dal mio DN2103 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Twin Turbski
1,411 Posts
Good evening, I would also like to know if you know of sites like Puget systems, which analyze the error rates of individual hardware components. Or that they test the mobos to understand the most reliable and the least. I need a long-life z690 (for 12600k over clock medium high) that lasts as long as possible. I would like to touch the situation firsthand without being on tips or top 10 mobos on the internet.

Inviato dal mio DN2103 utilizzando Tapatalk
There is no direct answer to your question. Find a motherboard that is suits your needs and then look up reviews and make sure it is satisfactory for your purposes. Once you find a specific motherboard post it here and other members can give you their opinions on it as well.

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
The answer is none, considering you are asking for Z690, I can only advise to avoid Top end ASUS boards, they managed to put some traces backwards and damage either the motherboard, ram or cpu, I cant remember what it was exactly.

• Rep+
Reactions: Martin778

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Way too early to say anything about Z690's, so far only ASUSa had a f... up with the Hero. Maybe we will get another plague of code 00 in a few months, nobody knows.
My experience is that actually the cheapest boards tend to hold up much better over the years than fancy, feature packed ones like ASUS ROG where they push it to the limit, for me they've been a case of "Live fast, die young".

·
Registered
35 Posts
EVGA are upto the mark.since they produce limited models and i been using evga for almost 10 years now all rock solid and their support are also good.as stated by our members post the model you are like to buy

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Way too early to say anything about Z690's, so far only ASUSa had a f... up with the Hero. Maybe we will get another plague of code 00 in a few months, nobody knows.
My experience is that actually the cheapest boards tend to hold up much better over the years than fancy, feature packed ones like ASUS ROG where they push it to the limit, for me they've been a case of "Live fast, die young".
thank you all. It is obvious that I was not referring to the z690s, I was referring to the brands that have long proven to make motherboards durable and reliable over time. However, the brands that offer z690 are not the ones you recommended to me, they are only: Asus, Msi, gigabyte, ASock. Anyway this afternoon I'll do a search and let you know the models I have selected

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
@op I've had the best luck with rog Asus boards but same hand they screwed up on z690 so that's out the question for that chipset.
My second go to is usually evga

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
keep in mind what connections you want/need on a mobo.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
It changes on chipset to chipset basis, but what I can tell you with a 100% conviction is that Gigabyte is crap. If you need to buy a Z690 board right now, I'd say your best bet is MSI especially if you wanna stick with DDR4 for a while longer.
See, I'd call that nonsense as I've had nothing but good experience with Gigabyte (Aorus), all models. Always YMMV.
Same goes for Asrock - Asrock used to be rock bottom, together with ECS years ago. Basing opinions on old models is pointless imho, it differs per generation. Just like if you take ASUS and look back at their X99's notoriously destroying CPU;s.

It's always gamble but here are no really bad brands at the moment, except for Aliexpress junk.

·
Gaming Extraordinaire
883 Posts
They are all about the same, some good some bad gotta wade through the in depth reviews to find which is which for your socket type and cpu, I have used both MSI and Gigabyte motherboards and both brands have been absolutely fine, but it depends on socket, a gigabyte z490 board might be better then the same board of a gigabyte z690, whether it be better VRM, better components, transients.... really its a mixed bag with motherboards, like monitors these days you really have to do your research before buying something just to make sure you dont end up with a dud.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts