• Asus sabertooth 990fx

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Gigabyte ud990fx

Votes: 6 40.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Intel/Nvidia
3,451 Posts
If you do the side-by-side comparison on newegg, they're very similar except that the UD5 had more PCI Ex16 slots and more SATA ports.

It really depends on what you need. More SATA for your HD connections? Getting more PCI Express cards? Then Gigabyte.

Or the question is, what you do prefer? Are you comfortable with ASUS more than Gigabyte? There's lot of things to factor in.

*Edit* Wow, they're priced closely.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
what do you plan on using the system for? As for connectivity the Gigabyte board has more Sata ports and more PCIE ports.

To me they both look good but other then that idk, so i cant really vote on it. unless you dont care.

EDIT: gigabyte board has 3yr vs Asus 5 yr warranty...

And apparently they have problems with tall heat spreader ram on the Asus board LINK

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by terraprime
View Post

what do you plan on using the system for? As for connectivity the Gigabyte board has more Sata ports and more PCIE ports.

To me they both look good but other then that idk, so i cant really vote on it. unless you dont care.

And apparently they have problems with tall heat spreader ram on the Asus board LINK

Yeah thanks for the reply guys yes there is a couple things to factor in there huh' bout the warranty difference alone. Besides that im more familar with ASUS As thats what i got right now but i don't think i would have issues changing it up so... If the gigabyte is going to be better multi gpu wise then i think that would be best. Other then that it's painstaking cause i kinda like the look of the sabertooth a bit more and the warranty is nice sounding. but the layout of the pcie slots on the sabertooth look like thev've been placed worse. not sure. Edit*** i can't come to a clear vote yet either lol * both have plenty of SATAIII ports for my needs. so that part we can wash out kinda to.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
well there is a club for the gigabyte model on here LINK might be worth checking out

But the Gigabyte board is pretty sexy looking tho. I would have to say Asus if you are more of a fan of them since there is not a really big glaring difference between them. If you never used a gigabyte board before tho what a good time to do so. I am running one right now but its intel cpu and its top notch

·
Intel/Nvidia
3,451 Posts
That's the Corsair Dominator. But I believe OP has G Skill Ripjaws which is similar to our kits. They are a much lower profile memory. So I don't think it would bother, but it could come close. I am going to find out about mine, once I upgrade to the Sabertooth. Plan on using my DK along with it too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by terraprime
View Post

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skoobs
View Post

i love everything i have ever purchased from asus, but i chose the gigabyte because it looks sick. lol

hmmmm very nice thanks for the opinion. and to the other poster not ripjaws but close anyway Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK

i dunno if my memory is really relevant i might up that to by then if not ill fair fine for now. thanks all

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
the ud5 and ud7 have vdroop problems if looks don't matter i most certainly take the asus they perform well and if you have seen the amount of abuse i have seen asus boards take, you might like asus just as much as i do.

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
Have a Sabertooth. So far I love the mobo and there is no vdroop too.
The Sabertooth AM3+ is an AMD version of the Intel Sabertooth and the Intel Sabertooth mobo is one of the toughest mobo made. So with that said I think that AMD Sabertooth will be one of the toughest AMD mobo made. Remember that Asus sends every Sabertooth mobo to a thrid party for testing to see if it passes there test.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts