1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asrock P67 Extreme6 (16-phase)
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 (12-phase)
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P (12-phase)

I won't buy Ivy Bridge... Just need a replacement for my current board. Are the Gigabytes ok? That Asrock board is supposed to be one of their best P67 boards so it should be ok...

·
Senior OCN Member
40,777 Posts
I would not recommed Asrock

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

do you think the first one of these two is a good choice ? These are the only decent boards I found

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
ASUS-ASUS-ASUS ROG Z68 or 77 !!!
cheers.gif

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonashendrickx View Post

Will a HD6950 fit? microATX?
Any Card will almost fit a Motherboard, Depends on the Specs and the Size of the Case.
biggrin.gif

·
Senior OCN Member
40,777 Posts
Go with an Asus board if you can afford it.
Its the only brand i never have had any trouble with and i have had Gigabyte MSI Asrock and Asus

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/278962/asus-p8p67-evo.html

Is this ASUS board ok ? 140 euros is the max i can afford on that pricewatch.

If you guys say it is a go it is a go for me.

I have a Corsair H60:
3-pin
+ fan 4-pin

Will my H60 pumps have to run maxed out all the time? I know I can control 3-pin fan speeds with AsRock... So I need to be sure I can do that on this board too.

·
Senior OCN Member
40,777 Posts
Because the build quality is all over the map yes you get the most features for your dollar if the board works which not all of them do out of the box
Wanna gamble get Asrock wanna play it safe get Asus and to a lesser extent gigabyte
Personally i call Asrock Assrock

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

Because the build quality is all over the map yes you get the most features for your dollar if the board works which not all of them do out of the box
Wanna gamble get Asrock wanna paly it safe get Asus and to a lesser extent gigabyte
rolleyes.gif
Whatever you say buddy. ASRock has been pumping out pretty quality boards lately... maybe 5 years ago that was something different... but welcome to 2012
thumb.gif

·
Registered
740 Posts
I wanna see what happens when you try to get asus to rma something. I always used asus m.b. but rma's was terrible and i tryed asrock z68 m.b. and works great and o.c. awesome with no problems.

·
Premium Member
9,896 Posts
Asrock P67 Extreme6, would be my choice of those 3. I love my p67 extreme4, had it since August '11, and have had zero issues with it, I've had 3 different SandyBridge CPU's in it, and they have all OC'd 4.8ghz+

I was glad to see my Extreme4 get an update for Ivy Bridge CPU's as well, the Extreme6 did too.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Quote:

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/278962/asus-p8p67-evo.html
Is this ASUS board ok ? 140 euros is the max i can afford on that pricewatch.
If you guys say it is a go it is a go for me.
I have a Corsair H60:
3-pin
+ fan 4-pin
Will my H60 pumps have to run maxed out all the time? I know I can control 3-pin fan speeds with AsRock... So I need to be sure I can do that on this board too.
Mobo is great choice, H60 is good but listen for rattling noise from pump at certain rpm. May have to use controller or direct hookup to molex connector.
thumb.gif

·
Senior OCN Member
40,777 Posts
My good friend kibasnowpaw had an AsRock Fatal1ty Pro Gen 3 and my god what a ****ty board half of all the stuff was broken out of the box and its was just **** that why i dont like Assrock becuse of crap like that

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,527 Posts
Quote:

Asrock P67 Extreme6 (16-phase)
I won't buy Ivy Bridge... Just need a replacement for my current board. Are the Gigabytes ok? That Asrock board is supposed to be one of their best P67 boards so it should be ok...
I think you're not aware that Z77 motherboards are compatible with Sandy Bridge. In fact, many people are saying their SB CPUs overclock better on Z77 motherboards.

Also, you get native USB 3.0.

When one day you want to sell your motherboard, it will be worth more than a P67 or Z68 based motherboard.

·
Premium Member
9,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

I think you're not aware that Z77 motherboards are compatible with Sandy Bridge. In fact, many people are saying their SB CPUs overclock better on Z77 motherboards.
Also, you get native USB 3.0.
When one day you want to sell your motherboard, it will be worth more than a P67 or Z68 based motherboard.
This. I'd get a z77 board over any of the boards you listed.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I'm sorry really if I'm going horribly off-topic here but, I don't get the hate on AsRock. They make perfectly solid boards, and have incredibly good prices. And of course, EVERYONE has experienced horrible RMA with any manufacturer (that's almost a given), it's just a matter of luck. Not to mention that AsRock is basically ASUS's budget brand.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts