·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
English websites FTW....

Gigabyte are pretty reliable, whats the most you wanna spend? I heard good things abotu the MA790x-UD3P

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Srr about that website XD its the only 1 i know of that sells alot and is easy for me
The most i wanna spend is 100€to 150€. Less is better tho but it has to be quality.

Edit: i would love amd chipset because i'm in progress of buying a hd5850 and thinking of Xfire later. (or can i go xfire on a different chipset?)

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
I was going to point out the asus crosshair is meant to be epic. But thats £150, so it might be less than 150Euros. But I'm not great with AMD so not sure if it will fit your cpu.

Also i've seen a fair few people with these

·
Premium Member
7,245 Posts
You need an AM2+ motherboard for the Phenom and DDR2, so the options you posted are pretty much the best there are on the site. Between them there is only one difference, Gigabyte has 790X (so no IGP) and Asus has 790GX (so with IGP).

Since you're not about to build the highest end system I would go with the offer in the "Coin des affaires" on the ASUS @80€. I had great experience with the "coin des affaires" products - they're like newegg's refurbished. You have 2 months of warranty in which to realise if something is wrong with the mobo. I have my graphics card, motherboard, CPU cooler and a few other parts from the "coin" et tout va bien avec
The only thing is that 80€ Asus comes with no accesories like cables and drivers, but you probably have a ton of them laying around anyway, like any computer geek.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx for the reply, do you know if they will have the backplate too from that motherboard?
if not, do you know where i could get one? (thinking of buying that asus mobo in coin des affaire)

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyravr
View Post

Thx for the reply, do you know if they will have the backplate too from that motherboard?
if not, do you know where i could get one? (thinking of buying that asus mobo in coin des affaire)

Take the one off the back of your dead motherboard. I don't read/speak French otherwise I'd help you out, but I am 99% certain that motherboard would come with a back plate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835119120

Although listed as AM2, I doubt there's a difference with the retention between AM2/AM2+/AM3.

If there is, let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts