Overclock.net banner

Which new motherboard to get

549 Views 18 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  ussoldier_1984
Whats up everyone? been out of the loop for awhile, I have been waiting to upgrade my mobo for the new 900 series boards are out I am not sure what asus board to go with I was thinking about the cross-hair V or the sabertooth. Is there any benefit to the crosshair over the sabertooth, worth the extra cash? overall all the reviews I have read seem that both boards people have been satisfied with them. I will not be running nvidia cards only ati in a crossfire maybe later down the road a tri fire. I want the board with the good oc capabilities. Thanks for the help
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldier_1984;14188413
has msi improved their power phase's and mosfets? I know there was a huge issue with the 6 core blowing the mosfets. when O.C'ed
yeah, the 990fxa has a 8+2 phase power supply with DrMos and SFC's. It should really be pretty top notch in that department

Also, the whole issue was blown out of proportion by a certain moderator's fear mongering horror stories thread.
For the amount of MSI AMD boards that are around, only a small fraction had problems (most of which were caused by extreme overvoltage/user error)

· Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldier_1984;14188490
hmmm I am using a 790fx gd70 had no issues at all running stable for 5 months at a 4.0 oc with a 1090t be Maybe I will look into the msi. how did the board get that nickname?
I have a 965 C2 (140W) running at 4.0GHz for over a year on one and have had no problems (if I have no problems nobody else should since it uses more wattage)

That was the name they gave it at CeBit? or one of those computer shows. Computex? Idk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.