1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Expand Always in Always
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
I would go with the Broadcom NetXtreme II, I have two of them in my rigs right now. Full TOE & UDP on them is a steal for the price.

Though, if you go the NXII route, I would really consider getting at small heatsink for it, or forcing airflow over it, as that bad boy can get very hot very fast.

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Go with the Intel adapter; it's much better supported.

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by error10
View Post

Go with the Intel adapter; it's much better supported.

The Broadcom works perfectly fine under Ubuntu Server, Windows Server, Fedora, & Red Hat.

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot
View Post

The Broadcom works perfectly fine under Ubuntu Server, Windows Server, Fedora, & Red Hat.

Yes, I know. But Intel actually puts more effort in working with the community on its drivers.

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Yes, I know. But Intel actually puts more effort in working with the community on its drivers.

The intel has less features though..

If the features work, and the drivers are fine, and it has more features than the Intel whats the point of going for the Intel NIC.

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Which features are missing from the Intel NIC?

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Which features are missing from the Intel NIC?

It doesn't support full ToE or iSCSI Offloading, and I can't find info on it having RDMA either.

·
Expand Always in Always
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys,TOE is something that I will use iSCSI on the other hand wouldn't be all that useful for me as of now but I think I'll go with the Dell.Thanks again both of you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts