Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane1244
View Post

You have to pick:

1. The best binned
2. The flatout cheapest
3. The Cheapest, with a good warranty

There aren't any binned fermi cards.

And for lifetime warranty, it depends if you're going to use the card for a lot of years to come.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What does the best binned mean?

I mean what do you think I'll use a gtx 460 for more than 2-3 years?

Do I even need a 460 for my pc specs? All I want to do is to be able to run World of Warcraft at max settings. But If I'm spending money I also want a future proof card at the same time

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,830 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Higher binned cards are cherry picked chips that end in more expensive cards and overclock better. But it doesn't matter for fermi cards, there are simply no binned ones.

And we don't know what CPU you have.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Life time warranty in my opinion isnt worth it. If you have caught the overclock bug like most of us. You will be changing out trading selling and buying video cards like hot cakes. For example staryoshi on the forum has been through like 2-3 differnt video cards the last 3 months alone.

Video card and the way ATI and Nvidia dump video cards on the market is insane. Last years video cards will be outdated in around 7-9 months.

If i were in your position i would get the msi cyclone gtx 460. Allow for very good overclocks, when you want more performance just sli another gtx 460. This should allow you to keep up with most if not all games 1.5-2 years from now.

Also the sparkle card is decent, but i wouldn't care about manufacture warranty anymore. Not really worth paying the extra 10-15 dollars if you only end up selling the card later down the road 6 months to a year from now.

editted:
Wow that cpu is old. I wouldn't bother with a new graphics card as i can tell you your cpu will most likely bottle neck your fps. Which means you wont be getting 100% of your gpu usuage do to you cpu cant keep up with the calculations.

Save up for a new build instead

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The lifetime warranty is included and the card is cheaper than most gtx 460's but I'm guessing with good reason too.. As it only has 768mb of RAM and not 1gb.. I just don't have a lot of money to kill so I want to get one now that I dont have to upgrade in 6 months or a year

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I know for sure i won't trade/sell my GTX460 in a year but i'll just buy another one. I gamed on a 9600GT 512MB before i got my GTX460 ... now that was a huge diffrence

BTW if you want your system specs to be like ours go to "User CP" and click on Edit system and fill in the information

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I bought the EVGA GTX 460 768mb last Saturday, great card and for $169 you really can't go wrong.

Lifetime warranty would have been nice, but 2 years will be just enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.