1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Altec Lansing ATP5
samsung ps wa150e
logitech z-680

These are just the subs, not the systems, i have all three of them and need to choose which is best!
i couldnt get much info on the samsung one so +rep to anyone who helps!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
hmm, iv herd the Altec Lansing ATP5 lack a real low bass sound, they miss the real lows.
also herd the Logitech sub was one of the systems weak spots.
And the Samsung was hard to find real info on, but it looks like it has a good potential for solid bass.

hard to say for sure, but id vote for the Samsung.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikepahl318 View Post
hmm, iv herd the Altec Lansing ATP5 lack a real low bass sound, they miss the real lows.
also herd the Logitech sub was one of the systems weak spots.
And the Samsung was hard to find real info on, but it looks like it has a good potential for solid bass.

hard to say for sure, but id vote for the Samsung.
alright ill try the samsung one when my dad gets back, if my apt5 has terrible lows, than im happy as hell, because from what i hear, it sounds GREAT!

so logitec>samsung>apt5?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite- View Post
Yeah I would say that the Logitechs are the best out of the three.
Thank you for your input!
what is the hz-khz range on it?

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kye7 View Post
Thank you for your input!
what is the hz-khz range on it?
I dont know the range, but just to inform you subs are for lows which are rated in hz.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Interpolation View Post
Logitech is brand you may want to avoid when selecting speakers. A distinguishing ear can discern that every kit they produce is acoustically substandard. Its a shame considering how well they make other computer related products.
Wrong. My Logitech Z-5500s have been great.

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
I highly doubt any of those will hit 20hz, my 300 watt 12 inch down firing sub struggles at 20.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey.. i own all of these and my basement system doesnt even have a sub.

i know you may hate on logitech for their "crappy" speakers, but i probably wont even notice.

So which of the three? im thinking logitech so far, i know they are all very low end subs but which is best?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Quote:

eh... the z5500 is OK at best, and hardly worth $400. i personally have a set, and i like them, but the stock speakers are awful. i have replaced them with tower and bookshelf speakers and the difference is mind blowing. the amp/sub is decent, but the actual speakers that come with the system are awful.

all in all an OK set, but not really SQ worthy whatsoever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwgti View Post
I highly doubt any of those will hit 20hz, my 300 watt 12 inch down firing sub struggles at 20.
this. 20hz is VERY low end bass, very few systems can play 20hz without unloading.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Use all three together.

The ATP5 sub can't function without the 'control' speaker, so it's pointless.

The Logitech should have a controller if I'm not wrong, lemme go look it up again.
Yes it has a control and it's not the best out of the bunch but it's the most feasible.
The other two just can't be used without mods/fuss.

The Samsung sub is like, 3 ohms and should not be powered by any other amp except its own.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
Use all three together.

The ATP5 sub can't function without the 'control' speaker, so it's pointless.

The Logitech should have a controller if I'm not wrong, lemme go look it up again.

The Samsung sub is like, 3 ohms and should not be powered by any other amp except its own.
haha, i wish!

One is for the tv, one for my upstairs comp, one for my basment comp, i want the best for my basement comp as it is the best rig

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the reciever i have is the kenwood kr-v9010 if thats important, i'm aware its old and most of my equipment are hand-me-downs, but i do what i can with them xD

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
That shouldn't be the deciding factor.

My bedroom rig has an equal audio setup as compared to my sig rig, and that's because I spend more time on my bedroom rig.

You shouldn't let a 'more powerful rig have a more powerful sound setup' factor decide where you place your audio.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
That shouldn't be the deciding factor.

My bedroom rig has an equal audio setup as compared to my sig rig, and that's because I spend more time on my bedroom rig.

You shouldn't let a 'more powerful rig have a more powerful sound setup' factor decide where you place your audio.
I want my basement to have the best

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Quote:

I understand your need to defend what you own, but logitech is absolutely clueless when it comes to accurately reproducing certain frequencies. If you have owned high end kits from multiple brands then you would already know that what Im saying is true.

You owe it to yourself to go to a electronics store that has working units on display and comparitively test them out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts