1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Go with the Ripjaws.

·
Intel/Nvidia
3,445 Posts
I would recommend the Ripjaws too, but seeing that you have the Hyper 212+ the spreader might block your cooler. The Corsair might be an alternative for you.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so g.skill ripjaws ftw then? whats so good about them, and why would you reccomend them over the corsair vengeance's

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthedes
View Post

so g.skill ripjaws ftw then? whats so good about them, and why would you reccomend them over the corsair vengeance's

The ripjaw's are decent overclockers, and the vengeance are terrible overclockers.

Edit: After looking at the ram more closely it turn out that they both use the same Hynix memory chips, so they should both OC the same. I was thinking the Ripjaws were the CL8 kit that have Powerchip memory in them.

·
MegaTechPC
19,215 Posts
I can vouch for the terrible OCing results for Vengeance memory. My Corsairs are rock solid at 1600MHz but won't even post at 1866MHz. Still great memory but not for OCing.

I am building an 8150/Sabertooth 990FX rig later this year and will probably go with the Ripjaws....

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
G.Skill if you have the room for the spreaders, they will clear for a Hyper 212+, or the low profile if you think you need more room.

I have built 4 systems with the G.Skill Ripjaws and they are all rock solid and cleared the cpu coolers no problem.

I recommend them over the others. But better yet, get faster RAM becasue bulldozers memory controller is native at 1866 Mhz so get that speed at least.

Something like these perhaps: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/28250....html#tab:info

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think ill go for the gskill ripjaws cl9's

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts