Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am going to get replies of "don't be crazy", and that you "wouldn't buy either", but I feel with my poor vision I need 1080p 27" rather than 1440p. I currently have a 1080p 24" monitor. I think I have ruined my eyes over the years as I now have brightness right down, a anti-glare and privacy filter on, and also computer dark tinted glasses on. My eyes can't cope with the brightness from monitors without all these things. I thought going to 27" would make things easier to see. I only browse the web and web design, not gaming.

I need ones with reader modes, flicker free, and low blue light. I saw the below two, if you had to choose, which would you go for ? The Korean ones I believe use PWM so I can't go for them.

1. LG -27MP47HQ at £150 approx
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-27MP47HQ-Monitor-1920x1080-HDMI/dp/B013E8LH74

or

2. BenQ BL2700HT at £190 approx
http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-GW2760HS-Multimedia-Monitor-Speakers/dp/B00BPL0558/

I have spent a week trying to figure out what the hell to do. Everything online is related to gaming it seems when it comes to information on resolutions and sizes.

Thanks for any help.

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
If all you do is browse and web design, i'd go for the BenQ, as it's VA.

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlizzardUK View Post

Thanks. But the LG is IPS, is this not better than VA ?
Depends. IPS, generally speaking, has better response times and better viewing angles. However, considering that even the most entry-level VA monitors by BenQ address the sRGB space more properly than the entry level IPS monitors by LG, and that they also have better coatings most of the time, i'd take the former for the better contrast. Response times will not matter much for web browsing, and viewing angles on VA monitors, though not perfect, are pretty decent.

Now, if we were talking about higher-end monitors for completely different applications, i'd probably go with IPS.

• Rep+
Reactions: BlizzardUK
1 - 4 of 4 Posts