Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I settled on the C50, got it for $299. The only E350 available to me is $550, not worth it, getting into notebook territory - woulda jumped on it for 400ish.

I will throw in 4gb, should I bother with a HDD? 5400rpm is kinda weak but might not be worth upgrading.

Thanks for the input

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original Post

I have about a $300 credit at Futureshop after returning some useless birthday gifts. Thinking of getting a netbook instead, these are the ones they have:

Futureshop Netbooks

I don't know much about mobile devices, but am leaning toward either this or this. Are either any good? I'll use it mostly for web, vid playback and possibly some light gaming.

All feedback appreciated!

Edit: They also have this K125 with 4gb.

·
SSD's & Corsair
234 Posts
well. out of those 2. I would choose the first. it costs less and probably isn't that much slower than the other. i find in my netbook and ultraportable the bottleneneck is the CPU then if it gets past that the RAM then if copying the the HDD.

ask yourself, would a tablet do what i want, if so get a cheap tablet.

• Rep+
Reactions: dopey

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
For some reason I remember hearing to avoid the C-50. If you are going APU- Go E350 if you can find one in your budget.
Otherwise go for the atom.

• Rep+

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, obviously the c-50 is the better machine, just not sure if there's better in that price range once you start hitting over $300 (like the asus which FS doesn't carry).. I don't see any cheap tablets though.

Futureshop doesn't carry much, I don't see any E350. I can possibly get a refund on the gifts and get the netbook elsewhere, please feel free to suggest anything in that price range

Edit: if anyone can remember a reason to avoid the C-50 please chime in

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,123 Posts
  • Rep+

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yeah, I'd say the E-350 as well. If possible.
It's awesome for netbooks.

I haven't heard anything bad about the C-50 though.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn I can't seem to find an E350 in stock anywhere in Canada :/
Futureshop does have a couple E350s, this sony and HP, kinda pricey though, and I'm not a fan of either company..
I may end up with the C50 after all..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts