Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
for best performance youd go from your Res -> pump -> waterblock -> rad -> res

DO NOT DO WHAT I DID AND HAVE THE RADIATOR BEFORE THE WATER BLOCK! IT SEEMS LIKE A GOOD IDEA... BUT TRUST ME... IT ISNT... I DONT LIKE ADDING 15*C TO MY CPU...... just a heads up in case you were thinking that

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
one of the cardinal rules of WCing is RES -> PUMP

I'm not sure what KAL is talking about - the RAD is where your system loses all its heat, it wont add 15C. But maybe there is a variable that I'm not looking at here.

Most people do RES -> PUMP -> RAD -> BLOCK(s)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

RES -> PUMP

we are agreed with this .. but since the H50 has Pump & water block at the same unit , we'll consider it as water block.

Now. is there any meaning for the HOT water to go first to the Res before going to the Rad ??

I see this saying is correct:

Quote:

for best performance youd go from your Res -> pump -> waterblock -> rad -> res

which is the same with diagram of second pic .

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

I want to do this. Is it safe for the H50?

yes it is, if you do it right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by galaxyy
View Post

I would think it would be better to draw the water from the res than from the rad. I don't know if anyone has tested, but it seems more logical to go:

Res > Block/Pump > Rad

yes ,, this seems more logical like in the second pic.
btw i have done the first diagram with no improvement , will move to the second diagram, i think it would be much better.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
What rad are you using? The stock one from Corsair? I have the H50 and saw some improvement by using a different fan (I'm using a Gentle Typhoon P-15). Also you will get better temps if you use a pull system instead of your push. Finally consider going push-pull for even better results.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Problem I see is if you're pulling water from the rad to the waterblock/pump and then into the res, there is essentially no pressure to push back into the line to the rad.
It looks like you're going to have to push into the rad and pull from the res.
EDIT: Nevermind, its 5:40 am and I just realized what I was saying lol
I think I was right anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts