Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
The Mushkin have way better latencies, i would buy those. Sandy Bridge isn't very fond of you messing with the BLCK, so you will only increase multiplier, wich won't hurt a lot the available RAM, 1666 will maybe be your top achievement from a 1600 speed. Be aware though that the mushkin kit already runs ate 1.65V while the other runs at 1.5V.

·
sudo apt install sl
8,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matroska;11975335
The Mushkin have way better latencies, i would buy those. Sandy Bridge isn't very fond of you messing with the BLCK, so you will only increase multiplier, wich won't hurt a lot the available RAM, 1666 will maybe be your top achievement from a 1600 speed. Be aware though that the mushkin kit already runs ate 1.65V while the other runs at 1.5V.
Go with the Mushkin sticks! I'm sure if the Mushkin timings were at 9-9-9-24 they could easily be set to 1.5 volts and run fine.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
The Mushkin are better, i didn't want to sound like if i don't like them, it's just that i read someone complaining about not being able to set the mems voltage higher than 1.65V in the bios somewhere, can't recall who...but a board like that should be able to allow you to do whatever you want
tongue.gif
, nevermind my previous statement
biggrin.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts