Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Watercooled
873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperGS View Post

reviews are saying it has low static pressure, have you had any experience with this prod?
Yes, the fans that come with the kit are more "sound " optimized. I installed one on a costumer build and i was surprised how quiet it is. Performance is on par to a H100i according to my little testing, but the difference on noise is substantial ... the h100i with the fans at high speed sound like a angle grinder

• Rep+
Reactions: CasperGS

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexer View Post

Yes, the fans that come with the kit are more "sound " optimized. I installed one on a costumer build and i was surprised how quiet it is. Performance is on par to a H100i according to my little testing, but the difference on noise is substantial ... the h100i with the fans at high speed sound like a angle grinder
And the Swiftechs are substantially better and quieter than an H100i, so......

The Eisbaer is a step up from a CLC, but not as dramatically as a Swiftech. The Swiftech also has a pump that will handle an added GPU and radiator without flinching, while that chokes the Eisbaer pump.

·
Premium Member
27,411 Posts
What @ciarlatano
thumb.gif

While Eisbaer quality is much better than CLCs are, and it's pump is much better than CLC pumps, it is still not near as good as Swidttech H series are.

·
Watercooled
873 Posts
I don't have the opportunity to test that Swiftech but seems great, the pump have the same specs of a DDC-1
thumb.gif

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
The only downside to the Swiftech is its annoying mounting system but it's a no brainer especially for the price. On that note, EK just released their Phoenix MLC coolers. No reviews yet, costs quite a bit more than the Swiftech but is a bit easier to expand due to the QDCs and it comes with Vardar EVO fans which I'd guess are better, and it comes with a 4-pin splitter for much neater wiring. I'm getting one of these soon, I've also used EK Predator and the previous gen Swiftech AIO.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

The only downside to the Swiftech is its annoying mounting system but it's a no brainer especially for the price. On that note, EK just released their Phoenix MLC coolers. No reviews yet, costs quite a bit more than the Swiftech but is a bit easier to expand due to the QDCs and it comes with Vardar EVO fans which I'd guess are better, and it comes with a 4-pin splitter for much neater wiring. I'm getting one of these soon, I've also used EK Predator and the previous gen Swiftech AIO.
Looks bad ass!! waiting for reviews.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

I see the QD's as a drawback - an unnecessary expense and added potential leak points. Still no res, either, so expanding/cutting tubes to fit so it doesn't look like a $60 CLC/doing maintenance/etc. is a PITA unless you add a res. I'm curious to see reviews from reputable sites (which is getting harder with EK products) but I don't see this as being better than a Predator....which means louder, more expensive and slightly less performance than the Swiftechs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperGS View Post

Looks bad ass!! waiting for reviews.
LOL....looks are so subjective. My first thought was "that is going to look awful in a build with the QDCs, too long tubing and that block....what were they thinking with that block?".

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

I see the QD's as a drawback - an unnecessary expense and added potential leak points. Still no res, either, so expanding/cutting tubes to fit so it doesn't look like a $60 CLC/doing maintenance/etc. is a PITA unless you add a res. I'm curious to see reviews from reputable sites (which is getting harder with EK products) but I don't see this as being better than a Predator....which means louder, more expensive and slightly less performance than the Swiftechs.
LOL....looks are so subjective. My first thought was "that is going to look awful in a build with the QDCs, too long tubing and that block....what were they thinking with that block?".
The Phoenix MLC has what should be a more quiet pump than the Swiftech.

http://thermalbench.com/2016/06/30/ek-xtop-spc-60-inc-pump/

But yeah the block is ugly as sin. I wish Swiftech offered matte black tubing instead of just clear, and a mounting system for the water block more like EK's. If that were the case, I'd go back to Swiftech myself.

·
Premium Member
27,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

I agree. QD's are also a lot of flow restriction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts