Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which phone should I buy? I really have my mind set on a few models heres the list:
  • HTC Touch
  • HTC Touch Diamond
  • Nokia E71
  • Nokia E90 communicator
Ive been thinking of getting a new phone and well now I really need a smartphone for my job and well I wanted alot of the same features that the iphone has but I really do not want the iPhone. well anyways if you guys could help me out that would be great

thanks alot

omaryunus

·
Registered
180 Posts
Between all 4 phones I would narrow it down to either the Nokia E71 or the HTC Diamond. You just have to choose whether or not you want a touch screen phone.

With the Nokia you get:
Connections: Bluetooth, Infared, WLAN, GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA, HSDPA
Internet and Media: Video viewing, HTML and xHTML, S60 browser, Flash light 3, 3GP, MP4, H.263, MPEG-4 VSP, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MP3, WMA, Real Player Media, FM Radio, and downloadable applications
Camera: 3.2 Megapixels, 2048 x 1536 image resolution, 4X digital zoom, Auto focus, Flash, 15 frames per second, and a video camera resolution of 320 x 240 pixels.
Messaging and Communication: MMS, Email, Chat, Video Calling, and Push to talk.
Key Facts: Slide, 4.49 x 2.24 x 0.39 in, 4.47 oz, QWERTY keyboard, 16M colors, 320 x 240 pixel display, 10.5 hours of talk time, swappable SD cards up to 8GB, 17 days standby time, 110MB internal memory, speaker phones, operating frequencies: EGSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, WCDMA850/1900MHz, S60 3rd pack edition, feature pack one (software).

With HTC you get:
Windows Mobile 6.1, 4GB of internal storage with ability to insert more with SD, 102mm x 51mm x 11.35mm, 110g with battery, HSDPA/ WCDMA for Europe and Asia with a 900/2100 MHz and up to 384 kbps up-link and 7.2 Mbps down-link, Triband in Europe and Asia is 900/1800/1900MHz, Bluetooth, WiFi, and HTC ExtUSB hub, camer is 3.2 with auto focus, VGA CMOS color camera (2nd camera), built in mic, speaker, FM radio with RDS, MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, WAV, and AMR-NB, 40 polyphonic and standard MIDI format 0 and 1, talk time of 270 minutes, 330 for GSM, 396 for WCDMA in standby, and 285 for GSM.

SO basically it is up to whether or not you want a touch screen. Also, the Nokia supports more music types, more time to talk, and swappable SD memory. Once again I'd say pick between these two…but which would you want Windows Mobile and a touch screen or a Nokia with a good rep, better performace…and I'd say a tad cheaper.

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
I'd go with either of the HTC options. Windows Mobile 6.1 is awesome and far superior to any other phone OS (even iPhone IMO). It's easy to navigate and use and there a bajillion apps available for it since Microsoft gives the SDK out like candy.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I can add one more choice for you, Samsung Omnia i900, I was in your situation for 3 months and then I saw Omnia WOW the best smart phone you will ever have (for now)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts