Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinkin about a $100 spending margin for a new PSU. I have to replace this X-Connect because of all the reviews I'm reading and hearing about. Can anyone find me the best PSU for the money... one that's also stylish?

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
You can't beat the Sunbeam nuuo 550w PSU. It's an outstanding PSU, all the cables are pre-sleeved and it has a modular design. I would get that, about 80bux + shipping on newegg.com.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I personally think this PSU is stylish...and it is one of the best ones out there. The only downside I can think of is that the cables are not sleeved. But you can always do that yourself if you want. The Antec Truepower2:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817103931

I've been hearing a lot of good things about this one lately. It looks pretty good IMO, and it's modular and sleeved which means wire management will be A LOT easier. The Sunbeam NUUO:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817709004

Either way, both of those are great choices.

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wowza

You can't beat the Sunbeam nuuo 550w PSU. It's an outstanding PSU, all the cables are pre-sleeved and it has a modular design. I would get that, about 80bux + shipping on newegg.com.

You can with the Aerocool...
(click on the smiley)...huh?!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I can get confirmation on that aerocool PSU being quality, then I'll get that. Otherwise that Sunbeam nuuo is the most likely bet. Thanks for your input guys.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKraken

If I can get confirmation on that aerocool PSU being quality, then I'll get that. Otherwise that Sunbeam nuuo is the most likely bet. Thanks for you input guys.

The aerocool has pretty nice amps. But I noticed that you have a 7800 GTX so if sometime down the road you want to go SLi you're gonna have to buy a new PSU if you do choose the Aerocool.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopin_Nuts

The aerocool has pretty nice amps. But I noticed that you have a 7800 GTX so if sometime down the road you want to go SLi you're gonna have to buy a new PSU if you do choose the Aerocool.

Unless I get an Asus board with an E-Z 4-Pin Molex connection to supply the second graphics card, which I don't forsee me getting in the near future. I appreciate the thought, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts