Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sold my Antec TPN 750W power supply because the blue led light will not match my new case theme. Now I need a new PSU but can not decide between these two. Please help me decide which one to get. I am only shopping at amazon.com because I have a $30 gift card that I want to use.

My top two choices at the moment are:

Amazon.com: SilverStone ATX12V/EPS12V 750W Silver PFC Power Supply ST75F-P (Black): Electronics Amazon.com: SilverStone ATX12V/EPS12V 750W Silver PFC Power Supply ST75F-P (Black): Electronics

I love everything about this PSU except for the fact that it doesn't have a power button. I work inside the case a lot and am kind of worried about not having any grounding.

Amazon.com: Corsair CMPSU-750HX 750-Watt HX Professional Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Core i7 and Core i5: Electronics Amazon.com: Corsair CMPSU-750HX 750-Watt HX Professional Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Core i7 and Core i5: Electronics

After rebate it is only $10 more and has a much better warranty. The only thing I don't like about this PSU is that everyone has them. I am not a fan boy I swear.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
the same links mate

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by beers View Post
I fail to see the difference here..

Quote:

Originally Posted by runeazn View Post
the same links mate

Sorry. Fixed.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon6199 View Post
It might be a little overkill... but the Corsair AX850 850W PSU is a masterpiece. You will not be able to find any flaws in this unit... except possibly the cost!
:x

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139015
It has already been proven that the HX series is a little better and cheaper then the AX series. I am also only buying from Amazon.

·
semi-legit
7,981 Posts
750w units are pretty overkill for your rig; even if you plan on CF you wouldn't need more than a good 650w

That said how about another Antec TPN sans LED?
If you really want cream of the crop though, get a SeaSonic X650

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by candy_van View Post
750w units are pretty overkill for your rig; even if you plan on CF you wouldn't need more than a good 650w

That said how about another Antec TPN sans LED?
If you really want cream of the crop though, get a SeaSonic X650
I thought about getting the x-650 as well but with the coming x-660 out does it make sense to wait for that? What is the difference between them anyway? Also the HX750 cost the same as the x-650 so is the minuscule difference in performance really worth the extra 100w?

·
Chainsaw noise far off
6,012 Posts
Wow that blue led really bothered you that much?I would say that silverstone would be a worthy replacement.I don't think you really need to spend that much.I would consider

the tpn 650 it's on sale at the egg for 85.00.

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confessed View Post
Get the Silverstone. The HX750 isn't worth the money over the Strider.
$10 for 7 year warranty vs. 3 year isn't worth it?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragsters View Post
$10 for 7 year warranty vs. 3 year isn't worth it?
Well I never consider rebates when buying anything as they aren't guaranteed, so I considered it a $20 difference.

And since it seems like you're already set on the HX750, I'm not sure why you even made the thread. Get what you want. They'll both do the job equally.

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confessed View Post
Well I never consider rebates when buying anything as they aren't guaranteed, so I considered it a $20 difference.

And since it seems like you're already set on the HX750, I'm not sure why you even made the thread. Get what you want. They'll both do the job equally.
Actually when you told me that the HX750 wasn't worth the price difference is when I looked up the warranty. So really I think is you who made up my mind between the two. Thanks!
Now I have to make up my mind between the similar priced x-650 and the HX750.

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by terence52 View Post
a x-560 assuming its available?
It is available at newegg but for $130. Not worth it especially if the x-650 is only $10 more.

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So where can I buy the seasonic x-660?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.