1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Antec Earthwatts

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Between the two get the antec. Rosewill is garbage. Also, scour these forums. There are 900 posts about which PSU's are good.

Also, it's funny how every reviewer on newegg lists themselves as an expert. It's my belief that 70% of newegg reviewers should be beaten with a sack of doorknobs.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by codycodycody23
View Post

Go with this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-005-_-Product

That's a solid SeaSonic built PSU. I run corsair PSU's in my rig.

According to many reviews that I've read here, if you can spring for the HX650, you'll have the best PSU for the price. Phaedrus, DuckieHo, Linskingdom (I know I'm misspelling that), and a handful of others know their stuff. I'm just echoing some of what I've read from them.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Nothing wrong with Rosewill's. I bought a 850W to tide me over while I RMA'ed a Silverstone 18 months ago, then that unit went into one of my son's computers and it is still going strong today.

Back in the socket 754 days, I had a Rosewill 450 W for over a year.

One wives tale esque Theory is to check the weight of the PSU. Weight= Quality. That one is 7 lbs. so it is a quality unit.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TCOC View Post
Nothing wrong with Rosewill's. I bought a 850W to tide me over while I RMA'ed a Silverstone 18 months ago, then that unit went into one of my son's computers and it is still going strong today.

One wives tale esque Theory is to check the weight of the PSU. Weight= Quality. That one is 7 lbs. so it is a quality unit.
Really? I'll sell you a chunk of lead, it's pretty quality as well.

You can't even compare a Rosewill against something like a Corsair, they are a league apart.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PickledStiff View Post
Really? I'll sell you a chunk of lead, it's pretty quality as well.

You can't even compare a Rosewill against something like a Corsair, they are a league apart.
Corsair TX850. I'm 0/2 on them. One would not post, one had a weak 12V rail.

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
If you ask halifax, he will tell you Rosewill units are good if you stay in the 400-600 watt range.

Any higher and they are the equivalent of an Apevia unit (garbage).

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Quote:

Corsair TX850. I'm 0/2 on them. One would not post, one had a weak 12V rail.
I'd think you're the exception though... not the rule. I've heard of MANY more Rosewill units going out than Corsair. Neither manufacture their own units, but at least you know the source of a Corsair. It's either a CWT or Seasonic built PSU. Rosewill, your guess is as good as mine.

I've had that exact PSU running hard and heavy for over a year and three months now.

Also, wives tales are ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by trogalicious View Post
I'd think you're the exception though... not the rule. I've heard of MANY more Rosewill units going out than Corsair. Neither manufacture their own units, but at least you know the source of a Corsair. It's either a CWT or Seasonic built PSU. Rosewill, your guess is as good as mine.

I've had that exact PSU running hard and heavy for over a year and three months now.

Also, wives tales are ridiculous.
This one is true though. Within reason Example below.

Mfr.: Corsair Mfr. Model: CMPSU-750TX UPC code: 843591000406 Weight: 7.45 lb.

CoolMax RM-850B 850-Watt Active PFC Computer Power Supply, Full Aluminum Chassis, 20+4 Pin, Dual PCI-E, 120mm Fan ... Weight: 4.50 lb;

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Quote:

This one is true though. Within reason Example below.

Mfr.: Corsair Mfr. Model: CMPSU-750TX UPC code: 843591000406 Weight: 7.45 lb.

CoolMax RM-850B 850-Watt Active PFC Computer Power Supply, Full Aluminum Chassis, 20+4 Pin, Dual PCI-E, 120mm Fan ... Weight: 4.50 lb;
where is that from?

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Ignore weight now... we have much better means of determining PSU quality.... by their manufacturer and design!

Some Rosewill are ok.... some.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Antec over the Rosewill. Ive got a Rosewill 550W thats been running strong for 4+ years now, but thats an anomaly XD. Like others said, in 400-500 range, they're decent.

Antec PSU's are great, but they look too bland for my taste. I second the Corsair PSU.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by trogalicious
View Post

Rosewill is mostly made by Solytech (aka Deer) and Sirfa, though there are a few others they use as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TCOC
View Post

I've been running the same Rosewill 500W PSU since 2004ish, it's the only part of this PC that I have not replaced. It's gone through Air cooling, water cooling, and hybrid water cooling+peltier setups.

I've heard people complain about Rosewill for years with nothing but hearsay to back it up. I have to say this one has been through hell and back with the way I overclock rigs and it's really stood the test of time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts