Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need a PSU to power my sig rig, exept a p45 moBo and 2x3850.
I posted a question and was told that a 600w PSU (ocz) was good enough.
butt the ocz deal expired. So now I have some new choices.
I prefer to spend the least possible, I just need enough power and a little headroom and I dont want coolmax :swearing:.(exept for green power series)
1. the same OCZ 600w $60 after MIR
2. Tuniq 650w Potency $47 after MIR
3. Corsair 650w PSU $70 after MIR
4. Recommend me one (or more.)

Also, is 70+ Amps on 4 rails(OCZ) better or is 52A(corsair)on one rail better?
(basicly, is it better to have lower Amps on one rail better or is having high Amps on multiple rails better?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Corsair 650w is overkill for your system but it gets rave reviews (and its the same price as 550w). Haven't heard much recommended after any Corsair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambow70 View Post
3. Corsair 650w PSU $70 after MIR////// one rail is waaaaaaaaaaay better quad rails really sucks, i would never get quad rails, and that single rail gives you nice clean power
I heard that was a myth. Is there an article somewhere?

·
Banned
614 Posts
Corsair is excellent. If you can find a 620HX on sale, get that instead, modular is lovely and will power it just fine.

I'll never buy another brand of PSU for my systems, unless Corsair goes down the tubes in quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rex922 View Post
go for ocz never cheap out on the psu itsthe one component that destroyed one of my older pcs
Corsair PSUs are cheaping out? o_O

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by linskingdom View Post
Corsair 650tx is the way to go.
but I am on an BUDGET and the Corsair is still the way to go?
So even though a $50 PSU can sufficiently power my rig, the Corsair is worth the $20 more and hassles of too many cables?

+REP to everyone
thanks for your posts!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by a300 View Post
So even though a $50 PSU can sufficiently power my rig, the Corsair is worth the $20 more and hassles of too many cables?
yes do it screw budget its not like were telling you to get some $300 thing and that has room for more upgrades so go for it.

·
Banned
614 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by a300 View Post

+REP to everyone
thanks for your posts!
So worth the $20. I'd buy something else in the rig cheaper before getting a low end PSU. (Yeah the OCZ is decent, but Corsair.. yay!)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by linskingdom View Post
Corsair 650tx is the way to go. 3850 is a 95w GPU so a solid psu have 300w on 12v should be fine. Get the Corsair 550vx if that save some money.
no they cost the same on the egg.

To everyone: please notify me on deals of :
Mainboards
Psus
and DDR2.
(and G-Cards)
Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacre View Post
Corsair is excellent. If you can find a 620HX on sale, get that instead, modular is lovely and will power it just fine.

I'll never buy another brand of PSU for my systems, unless Corsair goes down the tubes in quality.

Corsair PSUs are cheaping out? o_O
2. Tuniq 650w Potency $47 after MIR
cheaping out
Corsair aint
shuld have made it clearer

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
any will work

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by a300
View Post

Also, is 70+ Amps on 4 rails(OCZ) better or is 52A(corsair)on one rail better?

Some things to remember about those 12v rails....

1. Cheaper PSUs you can't share the total amp/wattage among multiple 12v rails. Each rail will be locked to a specific amount of amps.

2. One rail means the cheaper PSUs did away with offering 2/4 rails and did the right thing in truth in advertizing.

There's no substitute for a good PSU, it's the most important piece of hardware in your rig. If it's crappy (and cutting corners to get that neater proc/motherboard/videocard/memory) the whole system can literally crash and burn.

Can't attest to Corsair's quality, but I do know Seasonic and PCP+C PSUs allow sharing the 12v rail when you need extra power for one mega videocard, or needing to share it among another on 2 rails. I like Seasonics because their cabling is shorter than makes like Enermax, and fits a tower case just right (will just reach the bottom of the case without 4+ inches of wire to find somewhere to hide or tie down).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts