Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a keyboard with Cherry MX red switches and 1000hz polling rate for CSGO. I dislike lights and full sized keyboards, so I think Quickfire is my only option. One thing I noticed when I tested my friends Quickfire XT was that it was registered as two low speed USB devices in Windows. Googling around and people on Geekhacks agree. Some of them weren't 1000hz as advertised on Amazon. It also seems very vague on how you change the polling rate. What is the deal with Quickfire?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I can't feel the difference in mice between 500 / 1000 let alone keyboard

·
Registered
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbyss View Post

I wonder if you could feel the difference between 125hz and 1000hz polling rate for keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IaVoR View Post

I can't feel the difference in mice between 500 / 1000 let alone keyboard
Does it really matter whether or not you can feel it? I mean, if "feel" isn't up to detecting the difference, surely all that means is that we need a better form of detection.

I mean, if you go over to the mouse forum, people there have all kinds of tools, tests, techniques, etc., to get better performance data than what you'd get from just "feel". That's because the important thing is not whether or not the device "feels" like it's performing well, but whether it actually is performing well, out in objective reality.

For me, personally, I want my stuff to be faster than whatever the next guy has. Not for me to feel or think that it's faster, but for it to be faster. A delusion of victory is not victory. If an unaided subjective impression isn't enough to tell me whether I've succeeded or failed, then what's needed is a better measurement tool, that's all.

·
Banned
4,627 Posts
1 You shold never look at amazon for specs as they get it wrong most of the time lol.
2; You can buy any keyboard with lights if you like it then just disable it, that shouldnt be a consideration on not buying a keyboard.

Corsair/ducky/cm and many more make cherry red tenless keyboards, with lights or without just turn em off. From what ive read on this forum changing the polling rate on a keyboard doesnt make much difference pretty sure its not going to make you faster.

If you want something super fast maybe low actuation point, the new Cherry switches for Corsair looks quite crazy with a 1.4mm actuation point.

Not sure if poling rate matters or actuation but this might actually be faster instead of feeling faster.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3060093/hardware/corsairs-k70-rgp-rapidfire-features-new-gaming-focused-cherry-mx-switches.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts