Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some have suggested that i go with G.Skill or Mushkin since they had no compatibility issues with it.

For those of you that have this particular board. Which memory are you using with it?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwwIX View Post
Those heatspreaders look awfully big. Won't they get in the way of the Heatsink? Mind you, i will not be using the stock cooler. Most of today's 3rd party coolers are frickin huge. Including the one i have atm.
I used that ram when I had my megahalems with 120x38mm fan on it. The heatspreaders are very tall but I was able to make it work. Ram is very good BTW. Has no problem taking my i7 to 4.5ghz

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Banned
8,748 Posts
Alsong as he heatsink is mounted vertically instead of horizontally I don't see you having a problem.
From now on in your OP you should state what exactly you need and the Limitations you have.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazloisdavrock View Post
Alsong as he heatsink is mounted vertically instead of horizontally I don't see you having a problem.
From now on in your OP you should state what exactly you need and the Limitations you have.
I made it pretty obvious what i need in my second post.
Sorry for not being anally retentive enough for you, me sire.
If you would have read the comments on the ram that you've suggested you'd know what i mean. Depending on the motherboard, some people had to remove the heatspreader from the ram stick nearest to the heat sink because it was touching its fins. In other words, they were unable to install it with the heatspreader on. Most after market air coolers have that problem because of their size. What limitations are you exactly referring to? If i had the motherboard in front of me, i wouldn't have created this thread in the first place. This thread was aimed at people that already own this board. You clearly do not, according to your specs.

And what do you mean by mounted vertically and horizontally?
I know that some heatsinks blow downwards such as the stock coolers. Most air coolers though, blow towards the rear fan. There's however no difference when it comes to mounting them onto the motherboard though.

Anyway. If you don't own the board, don't bother replying.
Those who do. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts