Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm currently looking for a set of computer speakers for my computer because my headset broke and I'm willing to try something new. I never had a set of computer speakers before only headset after headset.

My question is what is the best set of computer speakers that produces the best sound quality in terms of music,movies, and gaming. Maybe there's more available options if you buy the speakers and sub woofer separately but I'm not sure. I heardthe logitech z-5500 is good but I'm not sure if there's anything better in my budget of $300.

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Are you going for gaming sound or music sound? Do you want surround sound or 2.1?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
A surround speaker setup like the z-5500 will be amazing for gaming, but the 10" sub might overwhelm music listening. From what i have read, you will have to do a little tweaking with the sub to get it to a manageable level.

For the price point, however, the z5500s or z906 (which is the new revision) are a very solid set of speakers.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Klipsh ProMedia 5.1 if you can find them. Just be careful, as they are prone to blowing the amplifier when pushed to hard. As for computer speaker sound quality, it doesn't get any better. Otoh, you would certainly be better off getting a dedicated receiver and a good set of speakers to go with it. Computer speakers < even mid quality bookshelf speakers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read up on the z 5500 and its revision but since than the prices jacked up for both of them. I saw the z 5500 use to be 220 now its over 300.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard about Klipsh ProMedia 5.1 on here through searching previous threads but never about eagletech. What about the buying the sub and speakers separately like the Polk PSW10 Black10-inch Powered Subwoofer with the M-AUDIO AV-40 speakers? I seen allot of people vouching for those on here as well.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The z-5500 has gotten very expensive recently, it used to go for $250 or $300, and now it's hitting at MSRP or sometimes higher. For that price range, it might be better to go for a good 2.1 system. If you're going for about $300, you could very well go for the AV-40 + Polk sub, or if you want to get a single package, you could try the Swan M50W (I'm biased, I bought them today xD) Usually you hear the Klipsch Promedia in it's 2.1 form, and for it's price (Like $150), it's pretty good.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterist;13125847
The z-5500 has gotten very expensive recently, it used to go for $250 or $300, and now it's hitting at MSRP or sometimes higher. For that price range, it might be better to go for a good 2.1 system. If you're going for about $300, you could very well go for the AV-40 + Polk sub, or if you want to get a single package, you could try the Swan M50W (I'm biased, I bought them today xD) Usually you hear the Klipsch Promedia in it's 2.1 form, and for it's price (Like $150), it's pretty good.
A few years ago I remember seeing the z5500s for $125. Wish I had bought a set then.

I have the same sound card as you do, knight-btk, and a set of Logitech X-540 speakers that I got for $50 and I think the setup sounds great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts