Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a stable overclock at 3.8 with 1.232 vcore. I'm wondering which settings I should reenable in BIOS now that it's stable?

Speedstep, spectrum, etc.

Also, would I be able to put my RAM up to 1600 (which is what it's rated for) without needing to retest stability and/or making my OC unstable?

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
your going to need to change your multipliers if you change your ram multi you need to accordingly change your uncore, it might make it unstable, depending on how much you change it, so just try it. Why do you want to re-enabled those powersaving features? it might make your oc unstable. But i think C1E and EIST should be ok, maybe speeds step, and c states, you can try 1 by one, but they really aren't needed, and not many people turn them back on.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post
your going to need to change your multipliers if you change your ram multi you need to accordingly change your uncore, it might make it unstable, depending on how much you change it, so just try it. Why do you want to re-enabled those powersaving features? it might make your oc unstable. But i think C1E and EIST should be ok, maybe speeds step, and c states, you can try 1 by one, but they really aren't needed, and not many people turn them back on.
Powersaving is powersaving lol. Also what about vdroop?

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
do you have it on or not? its not healthy for your cpu btw. thats why i like gigabyte board, b/c they have 3 levels of vdrop and vdroop control, the middle one is much safer than the extreme level that most other motherboards just let you enable blindly.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post
do you have it on or not? its not healthy for your cpu btw. thats why i like gigabyte board, b/c they have 3 levels of vdrop and vdroop control, the middle one is much safer than the extreme level that most other motherboards just let you enable blindly.
Have it off right now. CPU-Z registers a 1.232 vcore. Went 24 hours of p95 no errors.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
then dont turn it on. vdroop is built into the cpu, its a good thing, motherboard manufacturers found a way to get around it, so they call it LLC, LLC is not healthy for your cpu.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts