Overclock.net banner

Which Should I buy?

537 Views 16 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Shift.
I'm about to depart with my current rig and start from scratch. The ONE concern that I have.. is that I haven't chosen what video card I should purchase...

Opinions please?

I'm partial to Nvidia....And the 8800 GT has served me well.

I'm a heavy Gamer.. and can't stand playing on less than the highest graphics settings possible. I know that the video card alone doesn't pull the weight.. but you get my point.

^_^ Anyone have any recommendations?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
7,052 Posts

· Premium Member
7,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XiKeiyaZI View Post
See, I'm reluctant because I've only owned a lower end ATI and it was crap on wheels. =/ So I'll just have to look into that..
just get a gtx 260 core 216. And $1000? you mean for a whole rig right? thats alot of $ for just graphics
but if you got it GTX 295 quad sli is $1000 and uber pwnage. I still reccomend getting the 260 216 though.

· Premium Member
7,052 Posts
260 CORE 216s overclocked can come close to 285 performance, maybe even equal em if u got some good overclockers. they can beat GTX 280s. sli gtx 260 216 will still kick but, 285s really arent that much better.
BE SURE TO GET A CORE 216 AND READ REVIEWS OF THE CORE 216!!!!

It is worth $30 more for the 216 vs the 192. FOR SURE! it has 24 extra shading processors, which really closes the gap between the 260 and the 280.
you could do a $1000 i7 build easily maybe even with a 260. You arent gonna be getting a OS or any fancy peripherals, but it can be done.

• Rep+
Reactions: XiKeiyaZI
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.