Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so everyone that helped me thus far have now completely convinced me to do custom cooling, now i need a case, shud i get the STH10 OR the TH10 from caselabs????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgam3r View Post

Hey guys so everyone that helped me thus far have now completely convinced me to do custom cooling, now i need a case, shud i get the STH10 OR the TH10 from caselabs????
It depends on what you plan to put in it.
 

·
Nerd / Geek
Joined
·
1,680 Posts
I'm the opposite - for aesthetics I'd get the STH10. For pure working room I would get the TH10.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
The STH10 looks like a big "regular" case. If you are going to go big, go big. TH10 is different and bigger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was planning to cool the CPU, 2 GTX 4GB ACX Superclocked 770s in SLI and possibly my NB. At some point down the road, I plan to have 3way or 4way SLI.

CPU: 4770k (OC to 4.5 min. - 5+GHZ MAX)
GPUs: 2 EVGA SC GTX 4GB 770s (Also Plan to tweak a little bit more than factory OC)
MOBO: MSi Z87 XPower

Plan to do 1 loop to cool all components
RAD#1 for CPU- XSPC AX240 Kit with dual D5 pumps
RAD#2 for Vid cards: XSPC RX360 RAD (Only)

Plan to use dual pumps for entire loop and i am getting a RAZOR XSPC water block for the 770s

Wat would u guys reccomend for this config, with possibility of expanding up to 4way SLI the STH10 or TH10?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
IMO unless you're benching, more than 2 GPUs is unnecessary. Then again, we aren't on this site due to our love of restraint. Are you sure you couldn't get away with an SM8 or ST10? If not, TH10 because hiding rads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thx for ur input everyone, i DO plan on benchmarking. Quick question, does TH10 have 2 separate sides/compartments? like can u have mobo on one side of case and the other components on the other? if so, does STH10 have same dual compartment as TH10? Just curious cuz on caselabs site it looks like the TH10 DOES have separate compartments on either side of case, not sure about STH10.

Please, any info will b appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgam3r View Post

thx for ur input everyone, i DO plan on benchmarking. Quick question, does TH10 have 2 separate sides/compartments? like can u have mobo on one side of case and the other components on the other? if so, does STH10 have same dual compartment as TH10? Just curious cuz on caselabs site it looks like the TH10 DOES have separate compartments on either side of case, not sure about STH10.

Please, any info will b appreciated.
The TH10 has two seperate compartments. The MB is on one side and the PSU is on the other, along with enough room for pumps and everything else. You can check an old thread of mine to get some idea of how big it is. http://www.overclock.net/t/1051357/caselabs-th-10-build-log-madness
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
TH10 has 2 separated compartments, one for your motherboard and related stuff (GPUs etc), and one for the PSU/s, hard drives and cable mess. You can put up to a 480mm radiator at the top and bottom of both sides, and up to a 480mm in the front using Flex-Bay adapters.

STH10 has 3 separate compartments, bottom, middle and top. Middle houses your mobo and related stuff, and on the reverse of that section, hard drives and the like. You could probably route tubing around it, but i wouldn't. You can put PSUs in the top and bottom chambers, as well as 480mm rads on each side (like a TH10 pedestal)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by theseekeroffun View Post

The TH10 has two seperate compartments. The MB is on one side and the PSU is on the other, along with enough room for pumps and everything else. You can check an old thread of mine to get some idea of how big it is. http://www.overclock.net/t/1051357/caselabs-th-10-build-log-madness
I saw your rig...its pretty sweet man, I want my rig to be as clean as possible, like yours and maximum cooling for all components and high airflow setup so case can have adequate ventilation.Would u recommend the TH10 or STH10? also, wats the height diff between the 2? and If i am going for extreme OCing on cpu, do u recommend xspc 240 Kit, 360 kit or 480 kit? twin d5 pumps or Raystorm 750 single pump? OR the swiftech MPC655? Also wat tubing do u guys recommend, as I plan to use compression fittings

Let me know your thoughts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgam3r View Post

I saw your rig...its pretty sweet man, I want my rig to be as clean as possible, like yours and maximum cooling for all components and high airflow setup so case can have adequate ventilation.Would u recommend the TH10 or STH10? also, wats the height diff between the 2? and If i am going for extreme OCing on cpu, do u recommend xspc 240 Kit, 360 kit or 480 kit? twin d5 pumps or Raystorm 750 single pump? OR the swiftech MPC655? Also wat tubing do u guys recommend, as I plan to use compression fittings

Let me know your thoughts
Thanks, I am in the process of building a new one. The TH 10 is easier to work with due to the extra space. The STH is about 7" taller, but the TH is 4" wider. Personally, I like the look of the STH better, but it was not available when I bought my TH. However, I love my TH along with the pedestal and you cannot go wrong with either one.
I am not the one to ask about H20 kits. I build my loops piece by piece. I have been using dual D5's for quite some time ( I like redundancy) and they are great pumps. I am switching over to 2 MCP35X2's for my new build. In the case of Rad's, I would recommend Alphacool Ut-60's, they are hard to beat. I think most people are using Primochill Advanced LRT for tubing these days.
HTH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My current rig I had for 6 years air cooled still running, but i refuse to go through the specs due to how EMBARRASSINGLY OLD ALL MY PARTS ARE (LOL)
doh.gif
this will b my first attempt at watercooling...

but to date i still think i have one of the BEST EVGA mobos ever made, and it pisses me off that i didnt use it to its full potential and now i am trying to sell my current rig..... for some DOSH =(

Also I like the look of STH10 better also, but I LOVE the fact that you can hide a bunch of hardware in th10 and how the mobo has a separate side for itself. Do u think if I plan to expand my hardware later down the road will STH10 be enuf room? and for my build wat rad sizes and kits do u recommend??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgam3r View Post

My current rig I had for 6 years air cooled still running, but i refuse to go through the specs due to how EMBARRASSINGLY OLD ALL MY PARTS ARE (LOL)
doh.gif
this will b my first attempt at watercooling...

but to date i still think i have one of the BEST EVGA mobos ever made, and it pisses me off that i didnt use it to its full potential and now i am trying to sell my current rig..... for some DOSH =(

Also I like the look of STH10 better also, but I LOVE the fact that you can hide a bunch of hardware in th10 and how the mobo has a separate side for itself. Do u think if I plan to expand my hardware later down the road will STH10 be enuf room? and for my build wat rad sizes and kits do u recommend??
Both will have enough room but the TH10 will have more room. STH10 is a standardized single compartment computer case but its a Case Labs so of course it is not like a regular computer case. If you like the look of a standard computer case, get the STH10. If you want something different with more room, get the TH10.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,348 Posts
I personally love the STH10 case, i would have gotten that for my current build but i got my 900D for free, cant say no to free.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was planning to cool the CPU, 2 GTX 4GB ACX Superclocked 770s in SLI and possibly my NB. At some point down the road, I plan to have 3way or 4way SLI.

CPU: 4770k (OC to 4.5GHZmin. - 5+GHZ MAX)
GPUs: 2 EVGA SC GTX 4GB 770s (Also Plan to tweak a little bit more than factory OC)
MOBO: MSi Z87 XPower

Plan to do 1 loop to cool all components
RAD#1 for CPU- XSPC AX360 Kit with dual D5 pumps w/AX480 Rad instead of 360
RAD#2 for Vid cards: Alphacool NexXxos Monsta Quad 120mm Rad
Plan to use dual pumps for entire loop and i am getting a RAZOR XSPC water block for the 770s

Wat would u guys recommend for this config, with possibility of expanding up to 4way SLI and also cooling NB the STH10 or TH10?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
It is really up to you. Both are incredible cases and will fit what you need. Which case looks cooler to you?
Let us know which one you pick!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgam3r View Post

I was planning to cool the CPU, 2 GTX 4GB ACX Superclocked 770s in SLI and possibly my NB. At some point down the road, I plan to have 3way or 4way SLI.

CPU: 4770k (OC to 4.5GHZmin. - 5+GHZ MAX)
GPUs: 2 EVGA SC GTX 4GB 770s (Also Plan to tweak a little bit more than factory OC)
MOBO: MSi Z87 XPower

Plan to do 1 loop to cool all components
RAD#1 for CPU- XSPC AX360 Kit with dual D5 pumps w/AX480 Rad instead of 360
RAD#2 for Vid cards: Alphacool NexXxos Monsta Quad 120mm Rad
Plan to use dual pumps for entire loop and i am getting a RAZOR XSPC water block for the 770s

Wat would u guys recommend for this config, with possibility of expanding up to 4way SLI and also cooling NB the STH10 or TH10?
The MB area is basically the same size in both case's. Belive me, an extended MB still gets lost and adding more VC's won't make any difference either. With what you have configured, you will have enough room with either case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Personally I went with the STH10. Was considering for SMH10 as the height of the STH10 is really really tall compared to my Corsair 800D. The reason I went with STH10 is because of the additional top chamber.

I am not going to use the top chamber for radiator for now. My PSU, and all of my 5.25 inch devices are to be housed at the top chamber. Right now I am thinking of a solution to mount HDD cage in there as well without use the Flex Bays.

My radiators which are 360 Monsta, 480 Monsta and EK 360 XTX are to be mount in the flexbay and bottom chamber.

Reason for this setup is to hide the fan cables, molex, sata cables from view in the mobo area keeping the whole of motherboard chamber free from those cables.

Like everyone said, this is Caselabs. You wont go wrong with any of their cases. My STH10 is still manufacturing and be shipping out very soon. Will link the images when it arrive as for now below is my sample done up pic of my Caselabs STH10 and my previous built which I used Corsair 800D.

Project Rampage II
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/yffl.jpg/

Project Rampage:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/projectrampage.jpg/
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top