Intel SSD 320 OEM

OCZ SSD Vertex3

OCZ SSD Agility 3

??

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Crucial M4 would be my choice,

but if you want one of that list then it will be the corsair nova 2 no questions asked
smile.gif

Intel one is ok but not great

both the ocz's are in problems with firmware e.c.t so stay clear of them for the time being

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the Internal Data Rate is quite different from them:

Corsair SSD Nova 2 270MB/240MB/s read/write

OCZ SSD Vertex 3 535 MB/480 MB/s read/write

OCZ SSD Agility 3 525 MB/475MB/s read/write

Intel SSD 320 OEM 270 MB/90 MB/s read/write

Crucial m4 SSD 415 MB/ 95 MB/s read/write

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Thats the annoying thing about ocz, They make the best ssd's in the world.

They have been patching up their firmware recently so it may well be worth getting the vertex or aglitly (go for which is the cheapest as they wont make too much diff)

Just don't do a firmware update on it untill its been fixed.

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbob1234;14176952
Thats the annoying thing about ocz, They make the best ssd's in the world.

They have been patching up their firmware recently so it may well be worth getting the vertex or aglitly (go for which is the cheapest as they wont make too much diff)

Just don't do a firmware update on it untill its been fixed.
Yeah, too much firmware & aftermaket problems, sadly
frown.gif

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adridu59;14177013
Yeah, too much firmware & aftermaket problems, sadly
frown.gif
Have to agree with OCZ making the fastest Sandforce-based SSDs. If it wasn't for those problems I would go with them, but their support dealt with the problems rather poorly compared to Corsair with their Force Series 3 SSDs.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unimatrixzero;14178582
I bought the Plextor 128 gb Sata III.. But the OCZ vertex line is tremendous and they have a great online support network.
Before some people on OCN had problems with their Vertex 3 SSDs and what they answered in the forums angered them. If they decide to give you the cold shoulder or refuse to solve your problems by asking you to pay and ship your defective SSD, then I would buy another SSD from a more reliable company like Corsair.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1;14178773
Before some people on OCN had problems with their Vertex 3 SSDs and what they answered in the forums angered them. If they decide to give you the cold shoulder or refuse to solve your problems by asking you to pay and ship your defective SSD, then I would buy another SSD from a more reliable company like Corsair.
Yes, I'm one that had a bad performing 120GB Vertex3 and wasn,t at all happy will the "advise" given me on the ocz forum.

I'd go Corsair.......

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgenius;14178946
here is a second for crucial

my c300 128gb screams.
As does mine.... and the benchmarks on these are better than the newer drives, esp the 4k reads/writes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts