Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a corsair h50 cooler thats cooling a intel q9300 processor @ 3.4 Ghz. My question is...when people report their min and max temps, do they report their core temps or their cpu temperature?

I ask because my core temps seem to be pretty high even at idle...but my cpu temp is very good.

·
Registered
611 Posts
What program are you using to monitor temps?

Try using Core Temp.

Also, idle temps don't matter too much. They're inaccurate half of the time. Do some stress tests and see what load temps are like.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would say 95% are core temps. Its the standard because most people use coretemp and realtemp, which I know coretemp takes the coretemp and I'm 99$ sure realtemp does too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiERiT
View Post

What program are you using to monitor temps?

Try using Core Temp.

Also, idle temps don't matter too much. They're inaccurate half of the time. Do some stress tests and see what load temps are like.

I'm using realtemp 360. My load temps are up to the 70s C but my cpu temp only goes up to 50 C or so...is that considered high? Did I do something wrong or do I just have a faulty H50?

I'm also using a push pull config with the stock corsair fan pushing and cooler master fan R4 fan pulling.

Also, when people report their temperatures, do they just report the highest temps out of however many cores they have?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildboyz;14185222
I'm using realtemp 360. My load temps are up to the 70s C but my cpu temp only goes up to 50 C or so...is that considered high? Did I do something wrong or do I just have a faulty H50?

I'm also using a push pull config with the stock corsair fan pushing and cooler master fan R4 fan pulling.

Also, when people report their temperatures, do they just report the highest temps out of however many cores they have?
CPU are made of several cores. So CPU = one or more Core put together.
If you see "CPU Temp" it is usually the highest core temp.
Core temp are, of course, each core temp.
So if the CPU Temp showing something other than what your core temp is at, it is most likely a false sensor reading.
The latest version of RealTemp shows the most accurate core temp. So forget about CPU temp. Just focus on each core temp especially when you are OC since each core heats up differently.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunagoblin;14189218
CPU are made of several cores. So CPU = one or more Core put together.
If you see "CPU Temp" it is usually the highest core temp.
Core temp are, of course, each core temp.
So if the CPU Temp showing something other than what your core temp is at, it is most likely a false sensor reading.
The latest version of RealTemp shows the most accurate core temp. So forget about CPU temp. Just focus on each core temp especially when you are OC since each core heats up differently.
sweet thanks! thats good to know. btw, my intel q9300 is idling at around high 40s and load at about 72C...is there something wrong with the h50? or am i pumping too much vcore? im currently running at 3.4 Ghz with 1.38 vcore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts