Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off ill admit im a COMPLETE AND TOTAL NOOB when it comes to water cooling. All i really know is that you have the water block on what ever your cooling then theirs radiator and pump and reservoir. I would like to design my own WC loop but i look at all the materials and its just a really daunting task!
I looked up some already put together kits and they seem "meh" but heck ill try anything once. Ive came to these three.

Coolit domino- Cheapest looks really easy to install im liking this one.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...2740&CatId=499

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...9140&CatId=499

Ive heard some really bad things about those kits tho "leaks, burn outs ect" so what WC kit would you guys recommend to me? My budget is $200 bucks but i would go to $230 if i REALLY had to and would see substantial gains. I have a kinda cramped case BTW Antec 300. ANY help or opinions would be great thanks alot guys.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Neither.

Super noob proof kit that actually works:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835108105

And in a moment I'm sure all the other guys will post the links to building it yourself.

It's rather simple but the above link is a great jumping off point.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Do not buy kits they are a rip off wait for Juggalo 23451 to reply. It is hard to get leaks unless you get cheap tubing or over tighten clamps that over time cuts the tube. A good water block i know of the EK supreme LT acetal, like the one i have, or the Heatkiller 3.0. Good tubes are Masterkleer i like how thick they are and quality feel, for a radiator i am not exactly sure but if you want to get the most out of the water blocks i listed above you should get a triple radiator.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by doat
View Post

Do not buy kits they are a rip off wait for Juggalo 23451 to reply.

Agreed he helped me with the same question, he can help you

·
Registered
720 Posts
tehehhehe hes not on right now though! but agree dont buy the kits! and no... The kits wont protect you from leaks...
hi Jugglo!

·
Premium Member
9,807 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by I_dalder_I
View Post

I dont get the oz reference lol, i REALLY like that sweftech kit the radiator looks HUGE lots of cooling

The word witch usually means a woman that practices dark magic. Hence the wicked witch reference.

The word WHICH, means a choice between 2 or more items, people, places.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
The swifty kit that's linked above is a very good kit for the price. Short of that, your looking at spending ~$150 if you piece one together yourself.
But some things to consider-
1. Is noise an issue?
2. Do you have any idea of how your going to mount stuff? (all internal or have the rad outside of your case)
3. Are you just planning on your CPU only? Or do you plan to upgrade to more?

These are some good questions that will help us pick parts.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
It's ok sometimes i don't feel like reading through all of the older threads when i can just make a new thread and get helped quickly. We should have a review section on this forum so people can post up reviews about PC parts and water cooling parts that way new people can look in there and find out what to get.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by doat
View Post

It's ok sometimes i don't feel like reading through all of the older threads when i can just make a new thread and get helped quickly. We should have a review section on this forum so people can post up reviews about PC parts and water cooling parts that way new people can look in there and find out what to get.

Umm, on the very top of the page, right near the "user CP" is our review section.

although it could really use a watercooling section.

·
The Newt in Overclock.net
3,000 Posts
also. Everything these guys are saying is true.

if ur curious about the Domino, check out the links in my sig.... I'd avoid it. It's fine for stock, but it can't handle the extra heat of overclocking.

I've been happy with my Cooler Masters Aquagate MAX... but I find myself wanting to tear it down and replace parts onee-by-one... it would have been much cheaper to just start from scratch.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.