Overclock.net banner

Choose one. ^^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of the cards in the poll I'm making, which is the best buy?

I made another thread about which was the best bang for buck in the ATI section and the results were excellent, "Like I thought." I told myself. Only to find out that said person's case couldn't fit that size of a card. D:

He's using a 4850 and likes ATI, so I told him that sticking with ATI would be the best bet as switching drivers usually yields poor results. However, the list of cards I put up are the ones in his price range. His PSU can handle all of them yet there's no way to Crossfire or SLI anything.

Oh and he plays at 1080p too. Yes I asked all the questions beforehand. ^^

So which of these would be the best?

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wondering if it's worth the price is all. He's a diehard ATI fan, so swapping him over wouldn't be easy.

·
Registered
817 Posts
While the 2GB 560 is in the lead, there is no need for 2GB @ 1920x1080. Plus, to my knowledge, the only 2GB 560 is a Palit card. There are better performing 560's than Palit's design. The ASUS TOP, Gigabyte SOC and soon to be MSI TFIII (Possibly even the Sparkle Calibre if it ever comes out) should all be capable of 1000Mhz or near. A 560 @ 1000Mhz is a beast of a card.

2GB is great for above 1920x1080 or SLI. Rarely necessary (yes a few games are super vRAM intensive) @ 1920x1080p. I have never used over 800MB on my 560 @ 1920x1080 and I like eye candy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts