Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay which vidoe card peforms better with cpu 2.2venice overclocked at 2.6 ? plz let me know .

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I would prefer the Geforce 6800GT, just because I prefer nVidia. But some would say otherwise:

http://www.overclock.net/graphics-ca...d-ranking.html

PS: They're basically the same, get whichever you prefer, nVidia or ATI. If you're thinking of upgrading to it from your 6800GT it won't be worth the money spent.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
I think they will perform similarily... but I'd get the Nvidia. I'm a fan of Nvidia cards, plus since the 6800GT has shader model 3.0 it's more future proof and will have better image quality on games that use shader model 3.0.

uou could always get a 6800GS. they perform about the same as the 6800GT and cost about 50 less.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
X800xt is faster.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think the x800xt is a little better than the gt and about on par with a ultra, also if you got agp def go ati because i have yet to found a 6800gt in agp at a good price

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
It really depends on what games you are going to run. While both are certainly fast for their class of cards, one is optimized to run better with DirectX and the other for OpenGL (don't recall which does what). As seen in benchmarks such as Doom3 nVidia will almost always beat out a similary clocked ATi card just due to that fact.

But if you are just going off of clock speeds and such, as others have already stated, the ATi X800 XT is faster than the 6800GT.

·
Registered
415 Posts
i dont think you would notice a performance difference between the two in actual games however the 6800 series has SM 3.0..that was the selling point for me with the 6800U over the X850

1 - 8 of 8 Posts