Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered 2 2"x2"x3/4" copper blocks from danger den. At only $12 for the pair, im sure I could make a couple water blocks worth the money

Im gonna drill into the blocks to make the channels, and plug up the holes I dont want with jb weld.

Which design out of these three do you think would be best? And do you know of any other designs that are easy? Im probably gonna end up doing two of the designs, since I got two blocks, there gonna be used on my cpu and gpu. Im kinda liking number 3

gold = block, blue = water, red dot = exact center (pic isn't drawn good at all), red lines = holes imma drill and fill with jb weld

edit: should probably include this
pic 1 : 1/2" main holes, with 3/8" holes connecting the sides together
pic 2 : 1/2" main holes, 1/4" holes connecting
pic 3 : 1/2" holes all the way around

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
top right picture. You want alot of flow, but you want as much surface area in those flow areas as possible...like the channels in the top right picture.

The top right design is very similar to their Maze4 design, only the maze4 is oval not square.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think imma go with the top right one for SURE.

Im just debating between the top left and bottom left now for the second one.

I'l prolly see how easy the first one is, and if it goes good try the bottom left..

Btw, my current block is soooo crappy, its like the top left one, however, its only 3 1/4" holes.. 1 hole on the left going up, 1 on the top going across, then 1 going back out the right....

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Yes, top right is the way to go. Just keep in mind that you do not want a pressure drop (reduced flow rate) by having too large or too many cross lines (cross section area of feed line ≥ sum of cross sections of cross lines). Assuming you are using 1/2" ID tubing, here is a breakdown of possible cross line configurations:

2 Lines @ 5/16Ø
4 Lines @ 1/4Ø
7 Lines @ 3/16Ø

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bindusar

Yes, top right is the way to go. Just keep in mind that you do not want a pressure drop (reduced flow rate) by having too large or too many cross lines (cross section area of feed line ≥ sum of cross sections of cross lines). Assuming you are using 1/2" ID tubing, here is a breakdown of possible cross line configurations:

2 Lines @ 5/16Ø
4 Lines @ 1/4Ø
7 Lines @ 3/16Ø

you mean 5/8 and 3/8 right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts