Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've replaced my old psu with a new antec tp430. But it makes a very high whistling sound, a real headache sound

it seems gpu related. the moment the xp logon window appears, the whistling starts. this stops when the gpu is working harder, like with directx. once back to desktop, that sound is back too.

The old psu was only a 300 watt, but it worked ok, so 430 watt should be no problem.

Can I do something about it?

gpu: radeon 9500pro
moni: iiyama vm19"
mobo: abit kd7

·
Registered
271 Posts
Have you tried to open the case and pin point the noise? Also it might be a consciedence that the new PS went in and the 9500 started with it's problems. The replacement coolers for 9500 are cheap try to pick one up. I love the zelman all heatshink GPU cooler works great.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It took me less then an hour to install the Zelman.

Have you tried to disconnect each of the case fans individually. Or how about your CPU HS are you sure it's not the problem?

Also it might be a bad PS it happens. Not often with Antec but still??

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zother

It took me less then an hour to install the Zelman.

Have you tried to disconnect each of the case fans individually. Or how about your CPU HS are you sure it's not the problem?

Also it might be a bad PS it happens. Not often with Antec but still??

I had a PSU that whistled like crazy but it was cheap POS and only did it when it went under load.

If this started after you put the psu in, then it's definitely the PSU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.