Overclock.net banner

What are you doing

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who Has the money on the side for fermi and is getting it 100000% as soon as its released..

I have waited so long i can care less about price or benchmarks im getting it.

NO BASHING PLEASE LETS KEEP THIS THREAD OPEN.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,204 Posts
probably mostly fan boys, or people that use CUDA (folders for example).

Most people will wait and see benchmarks as to how it compares to the 5*** series to decide. Would be irrational to do otherwise without a good reason

Edit: Added bold for people with a low reading comprehension level
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man View Post
probably mostly fan boys, or people that use CUDA (folders for example).

Most people will wait and see benchmarks as to how it compares to the 5*** series to decide. Would be irrational to do otherwise without a good reason
Benchmarks are coming out on tuesday i believe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,833 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man View Post
probably mostly fan boys, or people that use CUDA (folders for example).

Most people will wait and see benchmarks as to how it compares to the 5*** series to decide. Would be irrational to do otherwise without a good reason
Im pretty sure the OP is just talking in a general sense....How would buying a fermi card make someone a fanboy(was there a date on the OP I missed)?

Enjoy that ati card.

Edit: As for me...Ill probably be switching back, just depends on certain things the cards have to meet for me to buy one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyNikel View Post
Im pretty sure the OP is just talking in a general sense

Quote:

Originally Posted by detroitpc313 View Post
Who Has the money on the side for fermi and is getting it 100000% as soon as its released..

I have waited so long i can care less about price or benchmarks im getting it.
That looks to me like "As soon as it's released"

The second sentence is even more interesting


Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyNickel
....How would buying a fermi card make someone a fanboy(was there a date on the OP I missed)?

Enjoy that ati card.
No, I said that buying it as soon as it's released would be irrational. An act of a fanboy. Until there is proper benchmarks

Thanks, I'll enjoy my card, it has no bearing on how I feel about Fermi though


Guess I should have know people wouldn't properly read something when I posted that though
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,295 Posts
To me, Fermi is for sure. But I am not in a hurry. I want to see some benchmarks. And since I can wait a while, I am more inclined to get the GTX495 (hopefully right after summer). If it will not come, GTX480 is the one to buy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man View Post
probably mostly fan boys, or people that use CUDA (folders for example).

Most people will wait and see benchmarks as to how it compares to the 5*** series to decide. Would be irrational to do otherwise without a good reason

Really?

Some People just like to try out new stuff..And or they have a Preference for their own reasons. Neither of which Has anything to do with being a "Fanboy"

As for who has money for the option to get one...People have had a long time to save
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know alot people are waiting for it im surprised bby the poll how many people are actually going to get it.
 

·
Initializing...
Joined
·
23,787 Posts
I'm going to wait for a few reviews and maybe ill get a GTX 480.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,318 Posts
I am going to try my hardest to pick up a 470 on the day of release.
Should be fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,076 Posts
I expect to see some of you people put up your old cards in the for sale section!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:


Originally Posted by Contagion
View Post

I am going to try my hardest to pick up a 470 on the day of release.
Should be fun.

Sweet. So i take it your pulling a all nighter on the 25th into the 26th and staying up all day lol...?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,914 Posts
detroitpc313 now I understand why you are impatient! you only have a 7300GS!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,318 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by detroitpc313
View Post

Sweet. So i take it your pulling a all nighter on the 25th into the 26th and staying up all day lol...?

The 26th is a school day too. But yeah, on the 25th I will stay up all night and start auto refreshing newegg at around 11:45 at night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,415 Posts
I will try to get some (hopefully 3) GTX480 if i could. After that, they will go straight onto Eb..
.
After making some profit (i hope), i will buy a GTX470 for myself...teehee..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,862 Posts
i will need some folding benches first
 
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Top