Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
what's your ambient? the cpu temperature is moot if you don't provide the ambient temperature.

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Indeed, unless a device is used to reduce air temperature from ambient it is impossible for the chip to be operating below ambient temperature, especially as it is also displacing thermal energy itself.

For this to occur using an air cooling system you must use a device like an air conditioning unit to reduce the thermal level of the ambient air before it reaches the core. Even then it is unlikely that the processor temperature will reach below ambient thermal levels

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol i forgot to look at TAT

that says 36C so thats the coolest i can get it atm.

36C good temp on 6300 @ stock ?

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
I get 17C on my BT right now at about 68C ambient. The 9500 is also a great cooler but the newer 9700 is much better.. more fins, thinner fins, bigger fan, higher CFM, lower dcb

·
Registered
169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacKz5o
View Post

I get 17C on my BT right now at about 68C ambient. The 9500 is also a great cooler but the newer 9700 is much better.. more fins, thinner fins, bigger fan, higher CFM, lower dcb

I hope you mean 20C ambient cause 68C would equal 154F. Nonetheless, that is good numbers for your cpu.

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Quote:

You also have sensor problems then

The temperature that you have specified, with the cooling system you have listed, is incapable of reaching less than the system ambient temperature.

If by some miracle you have an advanced cooling system near the Central Processing Unit it may be able to reduce the CPU thermals down, but judging by the huge gap there is no way in this universe that your CPU socket will be operating that low. Even if you were running a 800 Cubic Feet Per Minute (CFM) fan

I will post an advanced physics level calculation in a minute to prove that this can not occur

·
Registered
926 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gohandbz88
View Post

I hope you mean 20C ambient cause 68C would equal 154F. Nonetheless, that is good numbers for your cpu.

I don't think it is possible with 68F/20C, he would still be running below ambient with the air cooling, which is impossible without the air being chilled physically.

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Equation To Derive At Estimated Thermal Level

[Thermal Displacement Power (TDP) x Thermal Resistance (C/W)] + Ambient Temperature = Thermal Level (Temperature - Degrees Celsius).

89W (TDP) x 0.140 (Estimated decent cooler) + 68C (Ambient) = 80.46C

Now that is too hot. This is an estimate, but if your Thermal Resistance and Ambient are near those levels then you’re not doing too well

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tUDJ View Post

What are you using to load the cores?

I am getting about 31-32c on my 6700 at 270FSB (but only using 1.08v) while folding, but while dual Stress Prime testing it gets up to 38-40c with an ambient around 21-22c

I can't wait to get my extreme water system done and toss this 9500

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tUDJ View Post

That temps fine. If you where running 40-45 dstock idle then you wouldnt be looking to healthy. Idle temps mean nothing however. Its load temps you want to look out for.

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well load temp with

window closed = 54C @ 2.45Ghz stock Vcore - Case ambient = 40C
window open = 46C @ 2.45Ghz stock Vcore - Case ambient = 34C

1 - 18 of 18 Posts