Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive followed the directions from many sites but im having one main problem. I cant get the movie to burn to a cd. I have cd checked off as the burn source,I add all of the jobs to the job queue, I click on start and it goes through a process that takes hours to finish but in the end, there is nothing on the cd. what am I doing wrong? I nkow its probly something simple. Thanks

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? I think my girlfriend is getting me a dvd burner for my birthday and I want to show her I can actually use it lol. For copying my own dvds of course.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I would maybe try to create an ISO, then use any old program to put that on disc. I know it is not exactly what you asked, but it is an idea.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just want to be able to burn it to a dvd. As many people as there was referring me to autogk, now none of them know how to use it lol.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I only use AutoGK to encode DVD's into to the Xvid/Divx codec and then create an .avi file. Personally I would use an open-source program called DVD Flick. It converts from .avi to Mpeg-2 and you can burn the resulting image to DVD and it will play in corresponding players. Use this program and you won't have any trouble.

http://lifehacker.com/software/dvds/...dvd-232322.php

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
nero does movie-DVDs, but its terribly clunky and not very conservative on space (I got 3 episodes of a 22 minutes show on one DVD but I did get to make a spiffy menu for it)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, I was told that I needed dvd decypter to rip the dvd. Then use autogk to burn it to a dvd.
your saying you use autogk for the ripping and that software to burn? Which means I dont need dvd decrypter.....?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Use DVD Decrypter to rip the movie to your hard Drive. Then use AutoGK to encode the video. Then use something else to burn to DVD.

Maximum PC had an article in the May 07 issue, "How to copy all you music and movies" Maybe someone can find that and post a link for you. I didn't see it on there website.

·
Banned
10,581 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjk454ss
View Post

Use DVD Decrypter to rip the movie to your hard Drive. Then use AutoGK to encode the video. Then use something else to burn to DVD.

Maximum PC had an article in the May 07 issue, "How to copy all you music and movies" Maybe someone can find that and post a link for you. I didn't see it on there website.

Thats the only issue of MaxPC I found worthwhile. I actually kept that one for reference.

As someone else said, don't use AutoGK to burn. It's main function is to encode vobs and fobs. I'd offer ways to get the job done, but they're probably considered illegal by OCN's standards. Sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts