Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just built this rig a few days ago, and it was my first overclock. I got my Phenom II X3 720 up to 3.7 and it was stable for a while, but then everything was horribly failing so I backed down to 3.6 (200x18, 1.52v). It seems to be stable, but every now and then I get a "buffer overrun detected" error and it will occasionally give me an error that says something along the lines of "DCOM Server Process Launcher failed, windows must now restart." Is this related to the overclocking, or is something else to blame? It's getting really annoying to start playing FarCry 2 and 5 minutes later everything fails.

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by c49 View Post
I got my Phenom II X3 720 up to 3.7 ... then everything was horribly failing

...but every now and then I get a "buffer overrun detected" error and it will occasionally give me an error that says something along the lines of "DCOM Server Process Launcher failed, windows must now restart."
So you spent two days in a room full of people that had Chicken Pox, and now you have the flu and you want to know if you got it from them during the two days. ...Maybe! ...maybe not!

Set everything backto stock and see if the errors go away.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Have you dropped it back down to stock and see if you get the same errors?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't really tell because it doesn't crash all the time. It's just an occasional error that screws everything up. Also my OS is jank and I think that may be contributing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts