Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious as to why I want to keep my RAM and FSB on a 1:1 ratio. I cant go higher than 200 on my ram with 3200, so why can't I just keep pushing my cpu and not push my ram any further? Ive got it set to 200 right now and my ram and system work fine, but whenever I go even 1 over 200 then it doesnt run stable/at all.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludaz

Im just curious as to why I want to keep my RAM and FSB on a 1:1 ratio. I cant go higher than 200 on my ram with 3200, so why can't I just keep pushing my cpu and not push my ram any further? Ive got it set to 200 right now and my ram and system work fine, but whenever I go even 1 over 200 then it doesnt run stable/at all.

I think you should be able to get a few extra mhz out of your ram. Raise the ram voltage to 2.8v and try again.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludaz

Running 1:1 ratio keeps the CPU and Memory in sync, this way one doesn't bottleneck the other. This will offer better overall performance.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I second Evil...good suggestion!

The main reason people dont like running anything other than 1:1 is because AMD's dont like running ASYNC...

Decent PC3200 should OC to PC3500 speeds usually with no problems (maybe a little voltage...2.8 or so)

If you are running REALLY tight timings (like 2-2-2) you may want to try 3-3-3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts