Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today bought my GALAXY s ii from Jumbocorp in UAE...was damn excited also wanted to find out the goodness of android users always talk about..

switched the phone...screen is great..no doubt...went here and there ok it was good not bad went to app store...really awful xperience..lack of quality apps...just bunch of different task managers..themes....games(lets not talk abt it),some useful utilities though...but not groundbreaking,battery life i am not at all concerned,build quality also not that great the most disgusting part is that flimsy back cover of galaxy s 2...OMG it bends like jello..total plastic no premium stuffs but thank god that screen saves the look of it..

back to OS after using Android for almost 10hrs now...i can say the main strength of android is its EASY customization options...also watched some youtube vids for so called custom ROMS...to me it looked like it just changes the theme of the device like putting OS of HTC or xperia in S2

at the end of the day i am happy that i got the best android phone but not that happy with it as compared to my iP4...

went back to ip4 the screen sorry but retina produces far more natural colors and the viewing angle OMG...iP4 icons and text r almost visible far from my desk...where as S2 flushes away...galaxy S2 have some aggressive brightness and contrast in one way you can say it produces artificial colors..but hey it looks good but when side by side with iP4 its not that great
app store of APPLE......apple wins it by miles...google has to do a lot of work in this dept..third party apps?? opened cydia and it will take hours to browse cydia and also superb apps....really now i can say how huge jailbreaking community is...its immense like an ocean..just type anything and it will appear and quality appears from top to bottom level..its ur choice...

the most talked FLASH and multitasking android....it hardly came to use in real life....at the end it just remained as a feature at one corner..

so at the end of the day i am very happy with android and ios... stock ios is just plain boring but jailbreaking it unleashes a whole new beast name any app,theme,living wallpaper..and u get it and customization is also top notch..

as for android it has still has a looong way to go the third party is not that great compared to jailbreaking community...

·
Registered
1,899 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
You have to consider that Apple pioneered the app store and had a few good years ahead of Android. The amount of time Android has been in the app market and how many apps are out there, Android is doing very well.

Apple screens the apps before it is put into the market. Google puts no restriction on developing apps. The bad thing about Android apps, there are too many junk apps.

·
SpaceStationGaming
9,430 Posts
Curious as to what apps you're looking for. How exactly do you define quality apps? I have a iPhone 4 and a Evo 3D and prefer the Evo 3D over the iPhone 4. All the apps I actually need on a daily basis are on both markets.

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
All you have to do is search around and weed out the pointless apps to find the good ones
And don't tell me that's too much of a hassle and it should just "work", even Windows isn't that simple.

Android is hyped because of the sheer amount of customization you can achieve.

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmasteR
View Post

Curious as to what apps you're looking for. How exactly do you define quality apps? I have a iPhone 4 and a Evo 3D and prefer the Evo 3D over the iPhone 4. All the apps I actually need on a daily basis are on both markets.

Question for ya, would you choose the iPhone 4S over the EVO 3D?

Right now, I can get the evo for FREE, that's why I ask.

·
SpaceStationGaming
9,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010rig
View Post

Question for ya, would you choose the iPhone 4S over the EVO 3D?

Right now, I can get the evo for FREE, that's why I ask.

If you plan on grabbing another phone, later on like the Nexus Prime. Stick with the iPhone 4S. Resale value on the iPhone 4S will recoup most of the cost that you payed for the phone to begin with.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I love google, and wouldn't mind getting an Android, but none of the hardware currently out looks good to me. The Samsung Galaxy S2 looks great, but isn't on Verizon. The Thunderbolt and Bionic are too large for me. Sigh, looks like I'm going iPhone 4s.

·
Premium Member
6,496 Posts
Just rooting the phone will give you a ton of extra features, probably the most notable being the ability to overclock. You actually get better battery life overclocked and with a custom profile than stock from my experience.

Also a phone should have a screen protector and case on it 24/7, so the materials its built out of really shouldn't matter. Thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBigBoss
View Post

I love google, and wouldn't mind getting an Android, but none of the hardware currently out looks good to me. The Samsung Galaxy S2 looks great, but isn't on Verizon. The Thunderbolt and Bionic are too large for me. Sigh, looks like I'm going iPhone 4s.

NEXUS PRIME!!!!

Seriously though, it will be launching by November and will blow the iphone out of the water. It's also true Verizon LTE.

·
ψ(`∇´)ψ
6,036 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nexus6
View Post

You have to consider that Apple pioneered the app store and had a few good years ahead of Android. The amount of time Android has been in the app market and how many apps are out there, Android is doing very well.

Apple screens the apps before it is put into the market. Google puts no restriction on developing apps. The bad thing about Android apps, there are too many junk apps.

Not counting number of apps, but time it has taken to reach a certain number, Android is mediocre.

Quote:

Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 Marketplace has taken nearly 10 months to reach 30,000 apps since launch. Apple's iPhone App Store took just over 8 months and Google's Android store took 17 months to reach the same amount.

Source

Right now I'm using a (white, unlocked) Nexus S, and my previous phone was an iPhone 4. I don't miss my iPhone, but then, I am already bored of the Nexus S. It isn't a bad phone, but to my Windows Phone 7 looks so much better. XP I'm switching soon. ^_^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts