Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
It still kindda intrigues me why APPLE chose intel, i remember awhile back when apple started they hated intel since intel makes the processors for IBM. oh well i guess people change specially when it comes to money.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Myabe you guys didn't read the link or something. It clearly stated the reasons why Intel was chosen over the AMD.
Intel has prefected mobile chips that use low voltage such as the Mobile M chips. AMD rules the desktop world. Apple is concentrating on the mobility, and Intel just has more to offer than AMD does. Future maybe different, but we're speaking as of right now. Plus Intel sells, and demand can be kept up with intel.

If I was Jobs, I would have done the same regardless if I think AMD is a better company. Remember, this is Business.

·
Banned
5,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -relk-

They are dumb. AMD does way better than intel any day.

What are you talking about? Theyre using Intels Yonah CPU which performs on par with AMDs X2 clock for clock.

·
Registered
394 Posts
http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_cont...urion64&page=1

RESEARCH and GOOGLE owns all.

It's been established before and I'll just say it again. Intel currently has mobile processing down with the Pentium M chips.
Please review all the pages in the link posted above, It's clear which processor is better and uses LESS power.

Going with intel was an EASY choice. Let's set aside the AMD boner for now, and see what Mactel has to offer.

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Quote:

Gamers, for example, who want the absolute fastest speed on traditional apps know that AMD’s single-core Athlon 64 XP FX chips offer an edge over Intel’s best right now.

Never heard of an Athlon 64 XP FX before...
(
)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts