Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More games like ninja gaiden and stuff should be ported to PC. It would look a lot nicer than on the consoles too! And yeah those games are unplayable without a controller, but they sell tons of PC controllers everywhere.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozenshinobi

More games like ninja gaiden and stuff should be ported to PC. It would look a lot nicer than on the consoles too! And yeah those games are unplayable without a controller, but they sell tons of PC controllers everywhere.

there are more games on PC then on consoles (correct me if i'm wrong), anyway normally the pc version comes later out or not at all cause the companies want to make it personaly for a console (so you gotta by a ****ty console to play the game
the world is a nice place to get screwed
)

and there are emulators, a bit complicated but all games on the console can be played on the PC, you just need the right emulator and settings.... i don't work with emulators, a m8 of mine does but i don't understand jack of it. Maybe any overclockers here can help ya

·
Registered
945 Posts
Im pretty sure they dont allow us to talk about emulators and roms here b/c they can get real fishy as to whats legal and whats not. Me personally I dont see a problem with them at all b/c the fact is I may not have most those games anymore but when I was growing up my parents honest to God shelled out alotta cash for these games so they can get over it. Not to mention the fact old roms like NES and SNES hurt no one. The original makers of these games dont lose money when I download the rom b/c they dont even sell these games anymore !! The only people that do are used game stores. And I'm sorry I dont see why I have to support them.

*Edit* I should say that I do agree that newer roms are wrong and should be illegal. If a company still makes and sells the games like Playstation and Xbox games then you are ripping the people off. Not saying I wouldnt mind but saying it is wrong.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunburnti

Im pretty sure they dont allow us to talk about emulators and roms here b/c they can get real fishy as to whats legal and whats not. Me personally I dont see a problem with them at all b/c the fact is I may not have most those games anymore but when I was growing up my parents honest to God shelled out alotta cash for these games so they can get over it. Not to mention the fact old roms like NES and SNES hurt no one. The original makers of these games dont lose money when I download the rom b/c they dont even sell these games anymore !! The only people that do are used game stores. And I'm sorry I dont see why I have to support them.

*Edit* I should say that I do agree that newer roms are wrong and should be illegal. If a company still makes and sells the games like Playstation and Xbox games then you are ripping the people off. Not saying I wouldnt mind but saying it is wrong.

don't wanna be the wiseguy, but if you buy a PS2 or XBOX/360 game and play it on your PC thru an emulator then that's 100% legal
that's like buying edible oils and throw them in your car so you can drive on it, and the company says he but that's for cooking food not driving a engine !

(btw didn't know warez talk wasn't allowed here)

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blowie

don't wanna be the wiseguy, but if you buy a PS2 or XBOX/360 game and play it on your PC thru an emulator then that's 100% legal
that's like buying edible oils and throw them in your car so you can drive on it, and the company says he but that's for cooking food not driving a engine !

(btw didn't know warez talk wasn't allowed here)

Nothing illegal. Warez, drugs, cheating on your taxes - nothing.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
so guys, April 15th not to far away, how you guys getting out of it?

lol.

-edited-

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cgrado
so guys, february 15th not to far away, how you guys getting out of it?
what is february the 15th ?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
April 15th?

and about the emu's, i agree that old games that arent sold in retail anymore should not be illegal, if they even are. plus maybe we should get frequent buyer cards like at the coffee shop, buy 9 games get the 10 free. lol.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazino

April 15th?

and about the emu's, i agree that old games that arent sold in retail anymore should not be illegal, if they even are. plus maybe we should get frequent buyer cards like at the coffee shop, buy 9 games get the 10 free. lol.

lol, i knew i wasn't right. i'm still 15 so, don't have to have them memorized yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts