Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post was to find different cooling ideas for my Prescott, the reason that I had stayed is because I had found that within this forum I cuold actively help others resolve their PC problems and also through watching the posts I can learn much mroe that I had previously known about computers.

Through my 2 months so far on this site, I have learned so much more about computers, and I plan to stay here and help others for as long as possible.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
i have just purchased a prescott 3.2ghz and finding even an after market fan and heatsink cant even cool my prescott well.. i have been looking into other options but havn't chosen one yet but possibly getting a budget water cooled system with or without peltier havent decided yet plus i have enjoyed being helpfull to others in the forum

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Well it all started when I got back from my Anger Management therapy session. My doctor said that I needed to find something to do in my spare time, so I decided to search google for something that intrests me and thats when I found Overclock.net. I browsed the site for a week to make sure no one was acting like an a$$, this way no one would trigger one of my anger fits. After deciding that the site was safe to join I registered and have been here since.

Ok that was complete bull:turd: LOL.

Actually I didn't come here looking for help, I was bored at work on day and decided to check out some of the computer sites on the net. I came across Overclock.net on google. I browsed around the site for about a week and noticed that this site had some pretty cool people on it, so I went ahead and joined up. After being on here for a couple of weeks I started having a big interest in overclocking and i have been here ever since.

·
Registered
579 Posts
i like it because it makes sense, people are mature.

for example if you post in other forums, you might get crude responses that are annoying.

in this forum you get answers that or straight to the point... most of the time.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
I found the site back when I was trying to OC my XP1700... After looking around for a day I decided to sell my computer and build a new one that was overclocker friendly...

Then I just stayed because everyone in this forum seems to be really mature, I keep learning new stuff everyday, and I get to help others with what I learn.

OC.net rocks!!!

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Well when I got out of prison for murder, my probation officer told me I had to find a new hobbie. So I was cruseing all the serial killer Forums and accidently stumbled onto this site.

Just Kidding fellas!!

One day I got sick of my HP Pavilion, and started building my own computer. I had absolutely no Idea what I was doing, so I was randomly searching Google for instructions on how to build a computer. While reading all these different articles the word Overclock kept comeing up. I cant rember what site I was in, but I clicked on a link that brought me here. Ive learned a lot, and have a ton more to learn.

I am the eternal Noob

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
cool forum filled with knowledgable people, many of which are more than willing to share suggestions, experiences and secrets.

unlike other forums that i'm a part of there's not really a "village idiot(s)"
hanging around making useless and annoying comments to everyone... at least none that i've noticed so far lol. this forum's just the right size too. i hate posting something in the morning on page 1 only to log on later that night and find the thread is on like page 7 or 8.

but yeah for the most part just to learn more about modding my computer.

Mike

·
Registered
698 Posts
liked how knowledgeable and forthcoming everyone is, and I liked the way people acted and soforth. Plus occasionally we have intelligent discussions about things other than computers.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I came here because I'm really interested in computers and had no one to talk to. I got into overclocking when I built my first computer because my screaming 1.8GHz P4 just wasn't enough
Just 3 months ago I made my second computer, my current one, and figured now that I don't have a computer that will get things thrown at me I can come out of the shadows and share my knowledges/experiences and to learn some stuff too. The people here are great, everyone is knowledgeable and/or willing to share experience and tips, as well as the moderator staff keeps things clean and tiddy and Admin keeps it all up to date and very user friendly as well as being very open to suggestions. It's been fun, there's another forum that I like with good people but it's alot slower, takes about a day to get a response, but it's all good. I hang out here because I'm around people with similar interests

Oh, and there's plenty of smilies to play with

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denmor

liked how knowledgeable and forthcoming everyone is, and I liked the way people acted and soforth. Plus occasionally we have intelligent discussions about things other than computers.

This is a very good point, probably the only time I've seen a group of people discuss politics intelligently and without flames good job!

·
Registered
698 Posts
yeah except Yffy wont let me get him a birthday present even though I live like 5-10 minuites away from him

·
Registered
698 Posts
actually I never asked for his address, and I only make fun of him for not letting me by him a birthday gift in good sport, to be honest, I cant afford to eat right now, much less buy him a gift lol. Happy Birthday Yffy, hurry up and age damnit!

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you guys for posting in this thread, I started it in an attempt to show guest the friendly and helpfull atmosphere within the group and you guys proved my point very well.

If anyone else wants to explain their reason, I would be glad to see them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Found out about OC.net from Tech TV, though I would check it out, figured I've been into OCing for a few years now, so I'll share some of my knowledge & help out anyone I can.

Cause we all started somewhere & had lots of questions to ask, & when I started there wasnt alot of ppl to ask.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Fah Q, how bout posting your thoughts and comments from the Tech TV spot, I am sure Admin would like to hear a response from someone who saw the show.

I know I wish I was able to see the show.

I came to overclock.net originally to see what I could do to open up my old XP2000+...after a couple weeks of lingering I went ahead and bought a mobile 2500, a DFI, and proceeded with a water cooling system. Been here ever since, and just enjoy helping out when I can.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
I had just built my first system (which I still have) and I wanted to overclock it. So I did a bit google searching and and came across this site. And I found the overclocking guide. It had all the info I needed. So I signed up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts