Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was browsing through the steelsereis website, and i found out that they've released the new Siberia v2 full size headset, and are going to realease the 7H. I'm really thinking of buying one of those instead of the AD700.
So please give me some strong arguments that ad700 is better and get me on the right track again. I have no clue about the technical information, so i really cant compare by myself.

Thank you

·
Audio File
3,815 Posts
Uh, those headsets are probably "5.1 gaming", "uber bass", "mad positional audio", etc. But in all honesty those are gimmicks, and you can't beat a stereo headset in terms of soundstage, sound quality and build quality especially a great one like the AD700. Plus, it really destroys (as in, plays amazing) music. And it's a stepping stone into audiophile sound quality.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
IMO the ad700 is the best bang for buck headphone out there. I own headsets 4x more expensive and it competes with them. As far as soundstage it is unrivaled. The only think it lacks a bit in is bass, but even that is pretty decent. Take it from me you won't regret getting a set.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalal View Post
Hi
i was browsing through the steelsereis website and i found theyve got the new siberia v2 full size headset and are going to realease the 7h. i'm really thinking of preferring to buy one of those over AD700.
So Please give me some strong arguments that ad700 is better and get me on the right track again. i have no clue about the technical information, so i really cant compare myself.

Thanks
I have a pair of ATH-AD700's and they are the absolute best set of cans I have ever owned. Before owning these I had a pair of Sennheiser 555's that left me feeling underwhelmed. They might have been better if they had a headphone amp however. But the momment I slid on my friends AT's I was absolutely blown away by how much better they sounded than my 555's. The levels are really good and perky and the headphones as a whole just have a much fuller and powerful range of sound. Also, you can get them on the cheap these days. I prefer the open design.

The SS headphones probably aren't going to be designed as much with actual sound quality in mind as compared to the AT. I believe this because although they might have good products, it is still a gaming peripherals company where as AT is built solely around high end sound quality and not making mouspads/mice/headsets etc...

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're just stereo also, only that usb soundcard shall provide surround sound, that is how i have understood it. But you're right about what they say on positional audio. And thanks for your comment, that was a good reminder.

EDIT: Thank you all and to the following. I am convinced.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalal
View Post

theyre just stereo also, only that usb soundcard shall provide surround sound. but ure right about the positional audio. and thaks for your comment, that was a good reminder.

EDIT: Thank you all, and to the following. i am convinced

well u dont take lots of convincing. I toke me 5 threads of question about the ad700 to have me decide.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've aleady did the research earlier, but after some time I came across those SS headphones/headsets and just needed a reminder. By the way, five threads sound like lots of interesting information, I'll check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts