3,213 Posts
Someone has to be that guy.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyuo9980;13018169
next card will be a gtx 560ti SOC @ 1ghz. im going to return this hawk
Just get a 6950 and be done with it. Time to try red.

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
You must make a sacrifice to appease the Nvidia gods...it is the only way.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Because you touch yourself at night.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCB;13018243
Because you touch yourself at night.
Lol.

But seriously... it's luck.

I know for a fact that EVGA cherry picks their best GPUs for the "superclocked' and "FTW" edition cards... so if you buy one of those you're more likely to get a higher overclocking card, otherwise you've just been unlucky I guess.

I have pretty mediocre luck with overclocking GPUs (my 480s are at 850, but that's on water.... ive seen guys at 925...). My CPU is okay though...

Again, overclocking potential is PURE luck. You know when you see that guy who's girlfriend is waaayyyy too hot for him? Well, it's kind of the same thing!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyuo9980;13018169
next card will be a gtx 560ti SOC @ 1ghz. im going to return this hawk
Make sure you pay attention, most SOCs available are 950 core, not 1k. Keeping up with demand on 1k core cards proved nearly impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleGTS;13018316
I know for a fact that EVGA cherry picks their best GPUs for the "superclocked' and "FTW" edition cards... so if you buy one of those you're more likely to get a higher overclocking card, otherwise you've just been unlucky I guess.
I thought there was a thread about a month ago where they had like 20 of each for 560s and found no difference at all? IIRC, I think the best OCer was actually a FPB card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy;13018194
Just get a 6950 and be done with it. Time to try red.
You're on the Nvidia forums why exactly? Stop trolling.

·
Registered
741 Posts
A 2 gig 6950 is at the same price point as the 560 except it's faster and can easily unlock to a 6970. How exactly is the poster trolling?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts