Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Their first CD was pretty good.

Since then, however... all their songs sound the same, their lyrics are shallow and meaningless, their melodies simple and repetitive, all wrapped up in a douchey fanbase.

To me, they also are the very physical embodiment of sellout corporate whores.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I love nickleback. No problems here

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel4055 View Post
I love nickleback. No problems here
I'd say that loving Nickelback is a problem in itself.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I think they suck. All their crap sounds the same to me. My

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
I like their music

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
I like the song Rockstar but for me it's the voice. The lead singer's voice is just terrible.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
They have no originality, everything they play sounds the same. They have one sound and all their songs are the same with different lyrics. No thank you.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Because it's popular to do, methinks. Some people say all the songs sound the same...nope, this is dumb stop it. If you don't believe me, just open two songs in a program that can graph the sound. IF they don't match, they don't sound identical, stop saying they do.

Some people say they're uncreative....eh, probably.

As for me, I don't hate them. But just the same I won't be going to a concert they're headlining.

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
I dislike them because they don't have any real talent. They can't play their instruments that well, Chad can't really sing, and no one in the band writes decent music/lyrics. They're just another generic band putting out the same bland, generic music that most every other band does. They just happen to have gotten popular for some inexplicable reason.

There was a point in my life where I listened to them a lot. Needless to say, my musical tastes have developed drastically.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull
View Post

Because it's popular to do, methinks. Some people say all the songs sound the same...nope, this is dumb stop it. If you don't believe me, just open two songs in a program that can graph the sound. IF they don't match, they don't sound identical, stop saying they do.

You mean if the graphs dont match, they arent the same song. If they sound the same, they sound the same. I like bands with a particular sound. I dont like bands with a particular sound that hasnt changed in 10 years. Yes, this means you DMB.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoo861
View Post

You mean if the graphs dont match, they arent the same song. If they sound the same, they sound the same. I like bands with a particular sound. I dont like bands with a particular sound that hasnt changed in 10 years. Yes, this means you DMB.

I meant what I typed. If the graphs don't match, they don't sound the same, so stop using that dumb argument. There's plenty of legit grounds to slam them with, such as their clear lack of talent and their habit of writing crap lyrics.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts