Overclock.net banner

why does borderlands suck on ati cards

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  ThirstyArgonian 
#1 ·
hey, ive just started playing borderlands over lan with my house mate.
the first problem i had was that i was getting weird gray patches of floor and ground through out the game. i found a fix which was just changing the exe from borderlands to ut3.exe and worked fine.

the second thing ive noticed is that my game doesnt look nearly as good as my friends who is running it on a gts 250. i have everything maxed out, but his screen just looks more vibrant and detailed.

Mine still looks good, and maybe im being greedy but is this an ati issue with the engine?

drivers are all updated to latest and have CCC 9.11

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Auld
View Post

Does your buddy have a higher quality monitor with a higher resolution? Sometimes it can make a huge difference IMO.

same size monitor, but he is playing the game at a lower resolution, im playing at 1680x1050 and he is playing at 1280x800 i think

#6 ·
monitor quality makes a HUGE difference in the game. At work, on my 22" Acer it looks very bland, like a gray film over it. here at home, on my Hanns G 28, and my 226bw Samsung it looks AMAZING. running a 5770 at work, and a 5870 here at home. it is really monitor dependent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.