Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been tryin different overclocks (my original overclock = multi at 12 and fsb at 225 which equals 2.7ghz STABLE), now i want to try and get my fsb to 250 so i can run a divider of 1:4 so i would put my multi to 11x, but when i prime i get an error saying....Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4, i have tried increasin my voltage but this does not seem to help, have you guys got any sugestions what i can do

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
I'm confused, why a 1:4 divider... that RAM should do 250 @ default with a 1:1.
Is youe Mem Controler multiplyer set to 4x ie
4x for 201-250 MHz HTT
3x for 251-333

·
Premium Member
10,419 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by steve!!

i have been tryin different overclocks (my original overclock = multi at 12 and fsb at 225 which equals 2.7ghz STABLE), now i want to try and get my fsb to 250 so i can run a divider of 1:4 so i would put my multi to 11x, but when i prime i get an error saying....Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4, i have tried increasin my voltage but this does not seem to help, have you guys got any sugestions what i can do

All that is telling you is that your ram is near the end of it's limitations...
To achieve the highest possible clock first try to run Memtest at those different levels for your OC...then once you find something close to maximum speed try increasing the DRAM voltage in increments of +.1

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would love to be able to get my ram running at 250mhz but for some reason it will not let me boot into windows, so i have it at 200mhz (1:4 divider), my HTT is currently at 4x as i have my fsb at 250, is it the ram which is giving me the errors on prime95?

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Whats your voltages at currently?

**EDIT

The RDX200 boards need to come with memtest.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

how do u mean?

·
Premium Member
10,419 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

Whats your voltages at currently?

**EDIT

You can download that right?!...OHHH
it does come on the Ultimate Boot CD...pick that up too once you get going...HTT 3x and divider 2/3
!
And yes it is your memory causing the errors...see if you can get it to post the OS...and try to run CPU-z or CBI and show a screen shot

·
Premium Member
10,419 Posts
Ddr266...I got it to 2.738 GHZ but the ram wasn't stable enough to run prime95...it's chillin at 2.6 running everyday

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i am now running my ram at 266, with my cpu at 11x250, if it passes the prime what should be the next step of action

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Quote:

ok i am now running my ram at 266, with my cpu at 11x250, if it passes the prime what should be the next step of action

Well, that RAM should be able to hit 275 stable, so I'd say see how far you can go on a 1:1. Then, if you think you can go higher, maybe with some more vcore or something, put it on a small divider and keep going.

·
Premium Member
10,419 Posts
Quote:

Keep raising the FSB until it won't post

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i would do that but it keeps failing in prime95, but this is only core 1 :S, it again said that"rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4" what is the reason for this, my ram is now down to 133, do you want any screen shots of my configurations?

·
Premium Member
10,419 Posts
Quote:

well i would do that but it keeps failing in prime95, but this is only core 1 :S, it again said that"rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4" what is the reason for this, my ram is now down to 133, do you want any screen shots of my configurations?

Yes...hook it up

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmm for some reason it failed again!, my vcore was up 2 1.536, i dont think i should take it any higher because i have heard that i shouldnt go near 1.5, so i haver resorted back to my original overclock which is 2.7ghz with my ram at 196mhz, if i increased the voltage of my DRAM would i be able to take the speed of the ram higher?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmm this seems to be a common error, i wonder what is stopping the ram overclocking to its stock speed

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rcantec

ok what temps are you at and what voltages are on your ram as well as the voltages on your cpu and i need the ht multi please.

temps lets see 34 load my ram voltages is @ 2.66 and i got it stable @ 260mhz with that and my cpu 1.55Vcore and the HT multi is @ 3x

1 - 20 of 30 Posts