Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing it for $299 at microcenter and even being offered cheaper on hot deals from time to time.

But over these last few months it seems the price has gone up, even at microcenter, why is that?

Anyone know who has it for under $300 shipped these days?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. Sucks to hear, wish I would've picked one up a few months ago when I saw them for under $300

Anyone know who has a deal like this right now, $300 or below shipped?

Wondering if any places will run an after xmas special to move some inventory now that sales will probably be down since xmas is over.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Retail price via Intel ark is $396. The only place you'll ever see it around $300 is microcenter, with their loss leader tactics.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreyWizard View Post

I remember seeing it for $299 at microcenter and even being offered cheaper on hot deals from time to time.

But over these last few months it seems the price has gone up, even at microcenter, why is that?

Anyone know who has it for under $300 shipped these days?
It hasn't? MSRP is $389 which is what newegg, and all the major retailers have it at (plus \minus 10 dollars). Microcenter never had it for under 300 shipped, as Microcenter doesn't ship CPUs. If you are willing to walk in, they are offering the same deal they always have, 300, with discount for buying a motherboard at the same time.

No one sells them for under 300 dollars shipped, and if they do, I would buy them all and resell them for 389.99 so there still wouldn't be anyone selling them for under 300 shipped.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Microcenter for sure had them for $299 and now they're $320 so I just assumed price would stay around that $300 mark and hopefully catch it with no tax and free shipping.

I've even seen them offered on like slickdeals for $289 through Frys or something maybe, but think that was for in store only?

So this price point is a reasonable goal, I just have to catch the knife when it drops to that again.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreyWizard View Post

Microcenter for sure had them for $299 and now they're $320 so I just assumed price would stay around that $300 mark and hopefully catch it with no tax and free shipping.

I've even seen them offered on like slickdeals for $289 through Frys or something maybe, but think that was for in store only?

So this price point is a reasonable goal, I just have to catch the knife when it drops to that again.
Microcenter does not ship CPUs. They don't now and as far as I know they never have.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/437203/Core_i7-5820k_33_GHz_LGA_2011-V3_Tray_Processor

"AVAILABLE FOR IN-STORE PICKUP ONLY."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts