Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a GeForce 6200 and my CPU has maxed out ever since i installed it. Does anyone know why this might be and how i can resolve the problem?

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Please go to your User CP located in the upper left hand corner of the forum page and fill out your system specs.

I do not quite understand your question, can you clarify?

Welcome to
verclock.net!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll explain my specs soon. First of all i need to re-boot as i lag alot now :S

-Damien

PS- Thanks for the welcoming ^^

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The specs are as follows:-

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.
System Model: Dimension 2400.
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz (2 CPU's), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 254MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
Chip Type: GeForce 6200

I hope this helps. ^^

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Do you mean your processor is running at full load since you've put in the new card? Or do you mean something else when you say the cpu is maxed out?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

Do you mean your processor is running at full load since you've put in the new card? Or do you mean something else when you say the cpu is maxed out?

When i run a program or attempt to play a game, my computer finds it hard to cope and my CPU flyes up. It has only begun to occur after i installed the Graphics Card.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien

When i run a program or attempt to play a game, my computer finds it hard to cope and my CPU flyes up. It has only begun to occur after i installed the Graphics Card.

try replacing your old card back in and see if you get that problem. Or try uninstalling your drivers, run driver cleaner pro, and redownload and reinstall the driver

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think its his ram, i have 2.25GB he has 0.25GB, see the diffrence! Atleast 1GB is neccesary to run well

He might have the TURBO CACHE technology as it is LE, that uses system memory to make up for the little native-onboard ram and uses system mem to make up. I can do something similar in bios buts its totally not worth it, slows entire pc down, CPU not running fast or "MAXED" i think was his word

God i hope im right

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by COLTCOMMANDO

I think its his ram, i have 2.25GB he has 0.25GB, see the diffrence! Atleast 1GB is neccesary to run well

He might have the TURBO CACHE technology as it is LE, that uses system memory to make up for the little native-onboard ram and uses system mem to make up. I can do something similar in bios buts its totally not worth it, slows entire pc down, CPU not running fast or "MAXED" i think was his word

God i hope im right

having 256 ram has nothing to do with his cpu going 100% load all the time

·
Registered
20 Posts
No i meant TURBO CACHE takes the existing ram and uses it. In my experience if you enable gfx card to use system memory for agp textures then CPU usage increases and gives a laggy feel. He does have a 6200Le, also more feed back is needed from him.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Doesnt sound anything like ram to me... sounds like hes saying his CPU is running at 100% all the time... i would reinstall drivers first off... Trying the old card again may also help identify the issue

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Do you have a spyware/virus scan running, this will spike my CPU usage for a while.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Did you have an ON Board Vid card? If so did you disable it?

·
Registered
732 Posts
I believe this to be as mentioned above about the turbocache. The gfx card is using his onboard ram and in most cases 128 or more so then there is very little left over less than 128. Thusly the cpu can't interact with the hard-drive that good meaning lack of speed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts