Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am suing a Ion Video 2 PC device to capture video of the satellite. I use to save stuff from Bloomberg, CNN, Fox News and so on. Previously was using a laptop for the duty until it got zapped. So now I moved a Dell 7100 XPS into that job and it has 16gb of ram and a deneb quad core. And yet I am dropping frames in Cyberlink Powerdirector. I never not once dropped a frame with the laptop which was a Toshiba M645 S4050 upgraded to 8gb of ram and a Samsung 840 pro SSD. This morning thinking that the ssd somehow may have helped with the laptop not dropping frames I installed a Samsung EVO and pulled the 1 tb mechanical drive. Still dropping frames. The video card in the dell is a AMD 5450. May that be the issue?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmee View Post

Could be, its not that strong of a video card, but maybe the Ion Video 2 PC device got damaged too when it was zapped.
Well I switched the Ion to another one from the other computer that records the second the tuner and the frame dropping stopped. Put the first Ion onto the other capture box and it is working fine. So not sure what the issue was. But thanks for the idea. Rep'd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts